Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Then those O&A fans are assholes. O&A's problem is with Stern. Ferrell has nothing to do with it- he's just trying to make a living. I don't give a shit about him personally, but there's no need to fucking harrass the guy.
    He was a friend of O&A, he even wanted a job with XM, but they didn't want him. Then, while licking Sterns asshole, Ferrell said some things that were lies and were just not nice. So the Pests took up arms to prove Ferrel wrong and pounded his stupid show into the ground.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Hot Like Wasabi
    I'm sure Bubba and all them find the torture stuff funny because they are witnessing it. To listeners, its kind of lame. Shocking the puss, using the flying taser on people, etc. Funny in person, not over the radio.
    Not to mention- very, very gay.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Then those O&A fans are assholes.
    No shit. They are funny as fuck though.
    O&A's problem is with Stern. Ferrell has nothing to do with it- he's just trying to make a living. I don't give a shit about him personally, but there's no need to fucking harrass the guy.
    Holy shit you have no idea what you're talking about. The stuff with Ferrell had NOTHING to do with stern and was very much about a personal betrayal by a former friend. O&A were fighting to get Ferrell on XM, and the deal fell through, so he went to Sirius (which is fine) and then started talking shit on O&A who have been nothing but loyal to him to try to curry favor with howard. It was weasely and he got what he deserved.
    I don't understand how you can think of this as a positive, at least for O&A's fans. I got Sirius mainly because of the allure of listening to a completely uncensored Howard Stern. If he suddenly said that he was broadcasting half his show on Free-FM again, and that half would be censored on both formats, I'd be fucking pissed, extra hour or not.
    Well, unlike Howard, O&A have managed to be entertaining on regular radio in the last 10 years. I loved the WNEW show, and while the XM show is much better, I can deal. It's not that I'm crazy about it, but I don't feel like they're fucking me over or anything either.

Plus it looks like Patrice Oneal and Lazlow might get regular slots on the channel too, and I love them. Oh and Ron and Fez are great, too. So yeah, I get my money's worth.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 20 Apr 2006 at 03:43 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    I don't mind the Howard 100 News, but your comment about them made me realize something--if Sirius would have to fire the entire Howard 100 News Team so that they could hire George Takei, I would totally support it.
    As would I.

H100 News is just so goddamn lame and pointless. What two Stern show staffers are no longer roommates? What does Baba Booey's third grade teacher think of him now? Tune in at 6 to find out! Really, who gives a shit? I even get annoyed when Howard gives Lisa G. 5 minutes in the morning to run down the stories that will be airing at the noon news broadcast.
    Last edited by Dolemite; 24 Apr 2006 at 11:11 AM.

Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

5. The CBS deal is far from worked out. They won't neuter the live XM show in favor of what CBS wants. I'm sure the boys will keep the show as it is now and the Free FM show will just be neutered. Keep the best stuff on XM and even an edited O&A show is better than any show on terrestrial.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    As would I.

H100 News is just to goddamn lame and pointless. What two Stern show staffers are no longer roomates? What does Baba Booey's thrid grade teacher think of him now? Tune in at 6 to find out! Really, who gives a shit? I even get annoyed when Howard gives Lisa G. 5 minutes in the morning to run down the stories that will be airing at the noon news broadcast.
    I agree.

Its clearly for the hardcore fans (and for their own ego) but they emphasize it way too much. The only good segments are the ones where one staffer talks shit about the other. Which they do a lot.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    As would I.

H100 News is just to goddamn lame and pointless. What two Stern show staffers are no longer roomates? What does Baba Booey's thrid grade teacher think of him now? Tune in at 6 to find out! Really, who gives a shit? I even get annoyed when Howard gives Lisa G. 5 minutes in the morning to run down the stories that will be airing at the noon news broadcast.
    Sirius gave him too much. He can't come up with (more importantly find the talent) to fill 2 24 hour channels.

8. I am an admitted O&A fanboy. Big time. Now that I've said it, feel free to take everything I say on the subject with a grain of salt.

I'm not an XM fanboy, but I like their technology better. For all I know Sirius could have the best music ever, but I basically only listen to O&A and Ron & Fez.

This news really doesn't effect me much, I just hope they don't tone down the show to placate to the masses. I love the current XM version and I wouldn't want that to be compromised. It is nice to see something go their way though, they are more talented than any other radio show I have ever heard.

Diff: Have you actively listened to their XM show? I think you might enjoy it. I know you hate them, but they might not be as unlistenable as you think. They don't really do much "shock jock" shit anymore. They now tend to focus on comedy and discussion.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Holy shit you have no idea what you're talking about.
    I've already stated that I never listen to O&A or Ferrell, so of course I don't know if they have a past. Nor do I give a shit.

I'm just looking at this from the viewpoint of a guy trying to make a living and immature assholes fucking with that. Besides, unless you're O&A's bestest friend in the whole world (and from the way you gush non-stop about them and XM in general, you just might be), you don't know the whole story about who did what to whom.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've already stated that I never listen to O&A or Ferrell, so of course I don't know if they have a past. Nor do I give a shit.

I'm just looking at this from the viewpoint of a guy trying to make a living and immature assholes fucking with that. Besides, unless you're O&A's bestest friend in the whole world (and from the way you gush non-stop about them and XM in general, you just might be), you don't know the whole story about who did what to whom.
    I know it wasn't about Howard Stern like you said, which is my point. It was personal between former friends. So yeah it got pretty dirty on both ends.

And I don't gush non-stop about O&A. I only talk about it when someone else brings it up. But if we're going to talk about it, yeah, I think they're the best show on the radio at this moment.