Page 13 of 78 FirstFirst ... 911121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony

1. I agree.

2. great news here..

Originally Posted by Wifflebatlube (anthony on wackbag)
    CONGRATS PESTS!!!!
    I just spoke with ELo and he said Direct TV called him AMAZED with the support for XM202. They are putting it back on later today or tomorrow and making an official announcment on Tuesday.

You motherfuckers are too much! Great job. Shit like this is UNHEARD of in radio. Thanks a bunch.

3. Too bad it isn't Ron and fez getting the FreeFM gig. OAndA were the weakest of the trio that was Radio Chick, Ron and Fez & OAndA over at the old WNEW station. God knows Ron And Fez should get some type of reward for holding down the fort after OAndA shit-canned the station.

Fuck ferrall,Ron And Fez need to have a show on Sirius.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Acid Dragon
    Too bad it isn't Ron and fez getting the FreeFM gig.
    They had the FreeFM gig (WJFK in Washington DC). They quit to come to XM because that's where they wanted to be.
    OAndA were the weakest of the trio that was Radio Chick, Ron and Fez & OAndA over at the old WNEW station. God knows Ron And Fez should get some type of reward for holding down the fort after OAndA shit-canned the station.
    They didn't hold down the fort. The station died without O&A because the listening public didn't find any of the shows they tried replacing them with amusing in the slightest. Ron and Fez are very funny, but they aren't capable of getting ratings like O&A.

That's retarded. They wanted to go work with their pals O&A again. Why would they go to a competing company with a smaller audience and shittier equiptment? Because Howard's there? They don't like Howard either.

If you're such a Ron and Fez fan, you'd think you would just get XM and... you know... listen to their show.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Acid Dragon
    Too bad it isn't Ron and fez getting the FreeFM gig. OAndA were the weakest of the trio that was Radio Chick, Ron and Fez & OAndA over at the old WNEW station. God knows Ron And Fez should get some type of reward for holding down the fort after OAndA shit-canned the station.

Every statement made in the above quote is false.

You came out of hibernation for almost a year to post that?

6. PS: I think the 2 studios thing is bogus. The O&A official site says a lot of the info being reported so far is bogus.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    They had the FreeFM gig (WJFK in Washington DC). They quit to come to XM because that's where they wanted to be. They didn't hold down the fort. The station died without O&A because the listening public didn't find any of the shows they tried replacing them with amusing in the slightest. Ron and Fez are very funny, but they aren't capable of getting ratings like O&A.

That's retarded. They wanted to go work with their pals O&A again. Why would they go to a competing company with a smaller audience and shittier equiptment? Because Howard's there? They don't like Howard either.

If you're such a Ron and Fez fan, you'd think you would just get XM and... you know... listen to their show.
    Shittier equipment? Smaller audience? The technology will only get better and his audience will keep growing. Ron and Fez are better than OAnd A. That's my opinion. If I want OAnd A's brand of race humor, all I gotta go is head to Long Island. That's where the majority of their audience was based anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by Master
    Every statement made in the above quote is false.

You came out of hibernation for almost a year to post that?
    You are incorrect. That's how I feel. I couldn't log on this this site for some reason. Other people had the same problem. It's funny. OAndA fans seem to be ex-Stern fans. You do realize that Stern couldn't do HIS type of show due to the FCC restraints right?

Nothing on regular radio or satellite is better than Stern today. His show now is like a breath of fresh air.

Im sure when Ron And Fez were doing those back to back shows and shuffling between NY and DC before WNEW became Jack-Off radio, there weren't cursing OAndA under their breath.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    PS: I think the 2 studios thing is bogus. The O&A official site says a lot of the info being reported so far is bogus.
    I think the symbiotic relationship between CBS Radio and O&A will end poorly in the long run, but short-term, it's going to be one heck of a honeymoon.

I'm curious to hear what will be the exact specifics of the deal, but regardless of what is agreed upon, the strain of maintaining a funny, edgy show without being heavily censored by CBS and/or fined by an "indecency-hunting" FCC will frustrate both parties after three months. Kevin J. Martin, who now runs the FCC, is just as bad if not worse than his predecessor, Michael Powell.

Sadly, Martin's appointment will likely do little to curb Powell's war on "indecency" – some might call it "free expression" – and may make it even more censorious. As a commissioner, Martin frequently criticized some of Powell's fining decisions as being too lenient, while calling for fines to be levied "per utterance," not per incident. As a New York Times report noted, "Mr. Martin has taken the most aggressive approach in indecency cases, dissenting from a series of opinions in which the agency either found no violation or did not issue what he believed was a significant enough punishment. For those votes, he was strongly endorsed by some conservative organizations."
    Source: AlterNet
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

9. None of these shows ever played here. Looks like I'm missing quite a bit.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Acid Dragon
    Shittier equipment? Smaller audience? The technology will only get better and his audience will keep growing.
    So will XM's. Presently Sirius is about 2 years behind in terms of technology, and 3 million behind in subscribers. You didn't address what I said it all. Ron and Fez didn't go to Sirius because they had a better opportunity and one that would allow them to work with people they enjoyed working with before.

Ron and Fez are better than OAnd A. That's my opinion.
    You already said that. And I said, regardless of that opinion, O&A have proven themselves capable of pulling in big ratings and R&F haven't. Their appeal isn't as wide. That doesn't mean they aren't good. I like them quite a bit.

If I want OAnd A's brand of race humor, all I gotta go is head to Long Island. That's where the majority of their audience was based anyway....
    This isn't true. They were actually more highly rated in Philly and Dallas than in NYC.

And if you wanted R&F's brand of humor you'd buy an XM.

It's funny. OAndA fans seem to be ex-Stern fans.
    They both acknowledge this. In fact, Anthony made several appearences on Howard's show before he got the gig with Opie. The beef with Howard is more personal and based on a lot of shit that went down while they had to work for the same company as the guy. He was a dick to them, he labeled them as an "enemy" and "competition" and tried to fuck up their show even though they were on a different time slot, and worked for the same company. So they hate him. They never said he had no talent.

You do realize that Stern couldn't do HIS type of show due to the FCC restraints right?
    Right. Howard claimed that he's been doing a sub-par show for 10 years. Exactly the same time frame O&A rose to popularity under the same restrictions. So they have proven themselves more capable of dealing with these restrictions than Howard.

Im sure when Ron And Fez were doing those back to back shows and shuffling between NY and DC before WNEW became Jack-Off radio, there weren't cursing OAndA under their breath.
    If they resented O&A for what happened, why would they jump at the first availible opportunity to work with them again?

You really aren't making a lot of sense, here.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 23 Apr 2006 at 10:43 PM.