Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony

1. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    So will XM's. Presently Sirius is about 2 years behind in terms of technology, and 3 million behind in subscribers. You didn't address what I said it all. Ron and Fez didn't go to Sirius because they had a better opportunity and one that would allow them to work with people they enjoyed working with before.

You already said that. And I said, regardless of that opinion, O&A have proven themselves capable of pulling in big ratings and R&F haven't. Their appeal isn't as wide. That doesn't mean they aren't good. I like them quite a bit.

This isn't true. They were actually more highly rated in Philly and Dallas than in NYC.

And if you wanted R&F's brand of humor you'd buy an XM.

They both acknowledge this. In fact, Anthony made several appearences on Howard's show before he got the gig with Opie. The beef with Howard is more personal and based on a lot of shit that went down while they had to work for the same company as the guy. He was a dick to them, he labeled them as an "enemy" and "competition" and tried to fuck up their show even though they were on a different time slot, and worked for the same company. So they hate him. They never said he had no talent.

Right. Howard claimed that he's been doing a sub-par show for 10 years. Exactly the same time frame O&A rose to popularity under the same restrictions. So they have proven themselves more capable of dealing with these restrictions than Howard.

If they resented O&A for what happened, why would they jump at the first availible opportunity to work with them again?

You really aren't making a lot of sense, here.
    Ron And Fez went where the money was. I'm sure OAndA did alot of talking to them after the church fiasco. They lost their jobs as a direct result of OAndA shit-canning WNEW. Whatever way you want to spell it, that's what they did. If you can remember, OAndA's contract was just extended shortly before the "stunt". I know Ron And Fez's appeal is much different than OAndA's. It's just a personal preference.

If OAndA fail to get more subscribers to XM, (which ultimately, is what this all should be about for them), after all this exposure , then they deserve to fail. Horribly.

Time will tell which service will succeed. I get more than my money's worth with Sirius. The service is great, it has NFL radio,and it just got the Blue Comedy channel. I also have Stern On Demand. Nothing is better.

But please, continue paying full price for something that others get a watered down version of for free. Howard on his worst day is better than "cringe" ,snatch the wig off of Patty's head, radio.
    Last edited by Acid Dragon; 23 Apr 2006 at 11:37 PM.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Acid Dragon
    Ron And Fez went where the money was.
    They didn't get much money to come to XM. They went where their friends were. Wether or not you like O&A, R&F have a great relationship with them. That's just a fact. When they went their seperate ways after WNEW they made a pact that they would try to work together again some day, and when they came back on the air they talked about how great it was to be working with O&A again. They never blamed them for what happened. They blamed idiotic management for making the bad decision to cancel O&A.

If OAndA fail to get more subscribers to XM, (which ultimately, is what this all should be about for them), after all this exposure , then they deserve to fail. Horribly.
    Do you really think there is even a possibility of this happening? Say what you will about them, they've never been a commercial failure.

I think Howard's show is a shadow of it's former self, but if I ever said that I thought the move to Sirius wouldn't get them subscribers and media attention you'd be well within your rights to call me an idiot.

But please, continue paying full price for something that others get a watered down version of for free.
    I'm paying for O&A in its best form, as well as Ron and Fez, Bitch Management with Patrice Oneal, and 169 other channels. Jesus, don't make it sound like half of one show a day is giving away the whole platform.
    Howard on his worst day is better than "cringe" ,snatch the wig off of Patty's head, radio.
    I listen to what makes me laugh harder. You aren't going to make me feel like I'm getting gyped here. I listened to Howard's show for many years, and enjoyed it plenty, but it never made me laugh as hard as the O&A show does in its current form. We can leave it at that.

I'm not trying to tell you what to like. You keep defending your enjoyment of Howard and R&F like I really give a shit. That's not the point.

I will happily trash the Blue Collar Comedy thing. Except for Ron White, everything associated with that is utter garbage. But perhaps that's a topic for another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Acid Dragon
    I get more than my money's worth with Sirius. The service is great
    I don't drive. I'm not paying for radio I can't listen to when I'm out walking around. Sirius doesn't offer a product that can accomidate me. It's not just a programming preference.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 24 Apr 2006 at 12:17 AM.

3. Way to troll the thread Acid Dragon.

You should have just chimed in with "BA BA BOOIE" so we didn't have to read your asinine posts.

There is a silver lining: I have seen the error of my ways. I now see how terribly annoying it is to talk about another radio show in a thread about their competition. This is probably what is what like when I trashed Stern in the Howie thread. I apologize, because it must have been just this annoying.

I will now stay out of Stern threads, and hopefully this clown will stay out of O&A threads.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Master

I will now stay out of Stern threads, and hopefully this clown will stay out of O&A threads.
    Its got so bad its grounds for instant banning at SA, and now both the threads are multi-pagers.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    Way to troll the thread Acid Dragon.

You should have just chimed in with "BA BA BOOIE" so we didn't have to read your asinine posts.

There is a silver lining: I have seen the error of my ways. I now see how terribly annoying it is to talk about another radio show in a thread about their competition. This is probably what is what like when I trashed Stern in the Howie thread. I apologize, because it must have been just this annoying.

If you are indeed serious, then mission accomplished & apology accepted.

Oh, and BA-BA-BOOIE...
    Last edited by Acid Dragon; 24 Apr 2006 at 11:12 AM.

6. The syndication deal is now official.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

7. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    Its got so bad its grounds for instant banning at SA, and now both the threads are multi-pagers.
    O&A/XM vs. Howard/Sirius = SNES vs. Genesis. Its hard not to get sucked in, even if you dont want to...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease
    The syndication deal is now official.
    Your mom is now official.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 24 Apr 2006 at 11:14 AM.

8. I listened to them this morning, it's great to have them back.

9. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    O&A/XM vs. Howard/Sirius = SNES vs. Genesis. Its hard not to get sucked in, even if you dont want to...
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Your mom is now official.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by Regus
    I listened to them this morning, it's great to have them back.
    Did you listen in your time machine? They start on Wednesday.

Some cool stuff from the press release:

Quote Originally Posted by xmradio
    Under the terms of the agreement, CBS Radio will broadcast a three-hour version of the popular Opie & Anthony show on their stations from 6:00-9:00AM, ET each weekday morning (3:00-6:00PM, ET in Cleveland). This show will originate from CBS RADIO's WFNY-FM 92.3 FREE FM studio in New York and be simulcast on XM uncensored. Opie and Anthony will continue to broadcast from 9:00-11:00AM, ET exclusively for XM's more than 6.5 million subscribers live from their current XM studio in New York.
    Ugh. It is sounding like they are going to use 2 studios.

Quote Originally Posted by xmradio
    Additionally, CBS RADIO stations in New York, Dallas and Philadelphia will stream the three-hour show online at www.923freefm.com, www.1053freefm.com and www.941freefm.com, respectively. Financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.
    That is pretty cool for those without XM and that don't live in the area.

This whole thing better not ruin the show. I will be pissed.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    This whole thing better not ruin the show. I will be pissed.
    Howard had Kidd Chris (local Philly afternoon guy who created the Sulu Dance and the phony Ricardo Montalban/George Takei phone call, which Howard played a lot) on his show on Friday and they talked about the deal and how O&A will have to contend with the ridiculous terrestrial censors and their FCC-safe rules.

For example, when Howard was at KRock, he was not allowed to say 'asshole' on the air, but the listeners who called in were. Certain words like 'dickface' couldn't be used on the air, but then management would try to offer alternatives, like 'Private-Parts-face'. It was the incessant meddling that Howard couldn't deal with anymore, and Chris commented that all those little things will pile up and frustrate you from doing a good show.

Perhaps CBS will give O&A some leeway and not try to step in too much, but CBS is afraid of the FCC. I wouldn't be surprised if later on O&A will comment that they were told to hold off on some bits until after 9PM.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios