Page 15 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony

1. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    Did you listen in your time machine? They start on Wednesday.
    They were on at least some of the terrestrial affiliates today at 9 a.m., but it was really just more of an introduction than anything else. It'll be interesting to see how well they juggle the shows. On the one hand, they'll get bigger guests on the Free FM version but it'll suck having to tone things down - Jim Norton was awfully quiet today.......

Also, I'm not liking how it sounds about terrestrial breaks - it almost sounded like Anthony said they'll play OandA clips. Why can't they just talk through them to the XM crowd? Like they said, they'll handle the angry pests tomorrow and they know people will turn on them if it changes the show too much.

2. Yeah, I was mistaken. It is being played on XM right now.

Thanks Buzz for the heads up.

3. Quote Originally Posted by sphere79
    Also, I'm not liking how it sounds about terrestrial breaks - it almost sounded like Anthony said they'll play OandA clips. Why can't they just talk through them to the XM crowd? Like they said, they'll handle the angry pests tomorrow and they know people will turn on them if it changes the show too much.
    Here's why I don't mind the break thing: I usually have my myfi record the beginning of the show and then I turn it on at 9 when I wake up... right around the time they go to XM. So I'll here the XM show live, and then I can skip throught the commercials for the FM portion.

4. So I listened to yesterday's terrestrial version on XM and about 30 minutes from this morning and it's obvious they are trying to "keep it clean" even when only being broadcast on XM. I have to imagine this is because it's tough to switch gears between censored and uncensored modes for each show.

My concern is that this will completely water down the XM show (even the 2 hour exclusive XM show) which totally sucks. I mean you'll never hear No Filter Paul on the simulcast show, it's just impossible to put him on air and still have him be funny if he's working clean.

I'll give them a few weeks to prove me wrong but from what I've heard so far, I'm not impressed. It seems now the show is going to be more like a commercial radio show simulcast on XM rather than the other way around.

I was hoping they'd stick to their XM show and let CBS deal with how to cut it up and censor it for those who pay absolutely zero to listen to the show, but I guess money talks and bullshit walks.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Buzzatronic
    My concern is that this will completely water down the XM show (even the 2 hour exclusive XM show) which totally sucks. I mean you'll never hear No Filter Paul on the simulcast show, it's just impossible to put him on air and still have him be funny if he's working clean.
    So, feeling any better after today's show? They kept the terrestrial part solid and the XM part was absolutely deplorable as always. No Filter Paul was on and took two rat traps to the mitts and a few staples to the belly with a staple gun.

I'll give them a few weeks to prove me wrong but from what I've heard so far, I'm not impressed.
    Dude, that wasn't a show. It was basically a broadcast press conference. Way to jump the gun.

6. So I tsake it David Lee Roth got canned already?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    So, feeling any better after today's show?
    Haven't heard it yet, I listen on replay because I have a job and such.

Dude, that wasn't a show. It was basically a broadcast press conference. Way to jump the gun.
    Jumping the gun? You're saying my prediction regarding what will happen within a few weeks is jumping the gun by using a single show as evidence to the contrary? I'm not sure you know what jumping the gun means.

Today's show may have been great ... that's great but I stand by my opinion that what they did Monday and Tuesday in prep for the "clean" show sucked and within a few weeks (maybe longer) the XM show will suffer because of it.

I love the show (they are one reason I got XM) but I don't think it'll be possible for them to keep doing what I love about them on XM while keeping it clean for CBS.

Plus it sucks that the XM version of O&A is now cut down to 2 hours. Even if they can pull this off without changing how the XM version of their show sounds ... best case scenario is they don't water it down but we are still getting less of it.

8. I listened to them today -- for the first time, being an admitted Howard fan.

The show was terrible. In two hours I don't think I laughed once.

I'll listen again, because really there aren't many choices, but I hope these guys have a lot more than what they showed today.
    Backloggery
    GameTZ

Go home and be a family man.

9. Quote Originally Posted by x2y
    So I tsake it David Lee Roth got canned already?
    His last day was last Friday.

10. Quote Originally Posted by PBMax
    I listened to them today -- for the first time, being an admitted Howard fan.

The show was terrible. In two hours I don't think I laughed once.

I'll listen again, because really there aren't many choices, but I hope these guys have a lot more than what they showed today.
    I will listen to the replay. I'm sure they are just getting the kinks worked out *crosses fingers*