Page 17 of 78 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192131 ... LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony

1. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    If this happened with Stern's show I'd flip out.
    Agreed.

And that's the bottom line.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda
    Did you listen to the old show, or are you new to the show since they went to XM?
    I've only listened to O&A on XM so my expectations for the show are solely based on what they've done on XM in the last year or so.

3. Maybe my timing is awful today (as I'm listening off and on) but it seems like everytime I listen I'm listening to filler material during a CBS commercial break. *sigh*

4. Quote Originally Posted by Buzzatronic
    Maybe my timing is awful today (as I'm listening off and on) but it seems like everytime I listen I'm listening to filler material during a CBS commercial break. *sigh*
    lol. This reminds me of listening to Howard on CBS. If i was really unlucky and they went to break as i was leaving for my commute, i could make it the whole way to school and only listen to commercials. It was about a 15 minute drive. At least you're getting filler bits. Anyone want to buy some PromenX?

5. Quote Originally Posted by Buzzatronic
    Maybe my timing is awful today (as I'm listening off and on) but it seems like everytime I listen I'm listening to filler material during a CBS commercial break. *sigh*
    I am hoping their filler will get much better.

They have just gotten the rights to all of their WNEW stuff. Hopefully they will cut it up and make it listenable during the breaks.

6. Talk radio on the whole is pretty lame. I don't miss it and I certainly don't miss the commercials either.
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

7. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    I am hoping their filler will get much better.

They have just gotten the rights to all of their WNEW stuff. Hopefully they will cut it up and make it listenable during the breaks.
    Again as a new listener (relatively speaking) I'd prefer to listen to new material like what has been on XM for the last year than old and censored bits that while may be funny, lack any current context.

I didn't just pre-order a new Pioneer Inno to record 50 hours of archives that I could easily just download from OAVirus.net (or whatever the site is).

8. It was weird, I was listening live and as soon as the started the "walk this way bit" and the mics came on while they were walking it was like I had my old show back.

I am giving the guys some time, as I really think they can pull it off, but simply put the CBS show is gonna suck for a while. Ant being sick doesnt help either.

I dont expect this deal to make it a year anyways, and the boys will be back on XM exclusive.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat
    I dont expect this deal to make it a year anyways, and the boys will be back on XM exclusive.
    If the O&A/CBS relationship ends prematurely, will they still have access to their old content?
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

10. Quote Originally Posted by Buzzatronic
    I've only listened to O&A on XM so my expectations for the show are solely based on what they've done on XM in the last year or so.
    Yeah, that's what I figured. You're going to have to trust that they know how to do an FM-friendly show and still be as real and as reprehensible as ever. They did some amazing stuff on the WNEW show. Check out www.oavirus.com some time.