Page 29 of 78 FirstFirst ... 152527282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Their call centers must be a nightmare right now, that's a huge number of extra calls in one day.
    Not over yet. I'm hearing they still have 45 minute waits to cancel. Good thing they outsource to jamaicans who make like $3 an hour.

2. http://media.putfile.com/Howard-Stern-anti-OnA-rant

Howard Stern is a blind egomaniac. Trying to blame it on their FreeFM ratings despite the fact that they're still heard live on FreeFM.

Enjoy the bullseye, Howard. Hope it fits nice and snugly.

A lot of other people who have feuded with O&A over the years like JV & Elvis, the Regular Guys, Don and Mike, etc have all come out in support of O&A because they aren't (complete) idiots and they know what this means for their livelyhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy View Post
    Their call centers must be a nightmare right now, that's a huge number of extra calls in one day.
    Dudes on wackbag were saying 2 hour holds at 1am last night.

4. "is there anything we could have done to keep you from canceling?

"yeah, don't suspend opie and anthony."

I was on hold for a half hour and he went as high as 3 months free. Now we see what road this takes us down.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    http://media.putfile.com/Howard-Stern-anti-OnA-rant

Howard Stern is a blind egomaniac. Trying to blame it on their FreeFM ratings despite the fact that they're still heard live on FreeFM.

Enjoy the bullseye, Howard. Hope it fits nice and snugly.

A lot of other people who have feuded with O&A over the years like JV & Elvis, the Regular Guys, Don and Mike, etc have all come out in support of O&A because they aren't (complete) idiots and they know what this means for their livelyhood.
    LOL. O&A fans will take any excuse to jump all over Stern. He just said what he thought about it. Why would O&A and fans expect compassion from a man they've tried to torrment mercilessly for years? LOL@ offering a truce. Howard doesn't need a truce for anything, he's not the one getting fired.

It's not a free speech issue like Howard used to deal with, because it's not the government going after them, it's their own employer. Which goes along with the basic point he was making by citing the ratings, which applies to both XM and Free FM: make your company enough money and they'll let you do whatever you want. XM obviously feels that O&A are potentially costing them more having them than not. XM might be very mistaken, but they don't seem to value O&A highly.

I think the fan support and the cancelled the subscriptions for O&A are awesome. They might show how much influence and value O&A truly have. Howard has nothing to do with that. He's made his mark and is in no danger of being put into the same situation anymore. People have been recording his show and trying to get him thrown off the air for 30 years, and they couldn't do it. Why should he help O&A?

6. All anyone is looking from Stern is a simple, "The whole situation is bullshit" but I am not surprised at hi stance, look how he treats people on his OWN damn show.

Rumors are 40K in two days, outright cancels. Not counting the 1,3,6 month free people. XM's on hold time is still near a half hour.

At this point, its going to take a reversal of the suspension, and an apology from XM to its subscribers for me to every think of going back.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

7. Quote Originally Posted by stormy View Post
    LOL. O&A fans will take any excuse to jump all over Stern. He just said what he thought about it.
    He didn't. He lied and said shit he knew wasn't true.

O&A have backed up people they fucking hated in the past because they knew it was right. If Howard was in their shoes, they would back him up 100%
    Howard doesn't need a truce for anything, he's not the one getting fired.
    Apparently being the #1 show on a Satellite Radio network isn't enough, so don't be so secure in that.

It's not a free speech issue like Howard used to deal with, because it's not the government going after them, it's their own employer.
    Doesn't matter what you want to call it, it's a threat to the radio medium. Period.

Which goes along with the basic point he was making by citing the ratings, which applies to both XM and Free FM: make your company enough money and they'll let you do whatever you want.
    But they're still on FreeFM. FreeFM stood up for them. So there goes that argument. Howie was lying.

XM obviously feels that O&A are potentially costing them more having them than not. XM might be very mistaken, but they don't seem to value O&A highly.
    O&A are the #1 show on the network, they're the #1 reason why new subs have signed up in the past year. This is only about the merger (which Howie acknowledged) NOT about business. The merger is more important to them then their customers.
    People have been recording his show and trying to get him thrown off the air for 30 years, and they couldn't do it. Why should he help O&A?
    People have been trying to get Imus fired for 40 years, and it only happened just now. Shit's changing, and if you can't see that, you're as naive as Stern is. This is obviously a lot bigger than O&A.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 16 May 2007 at 10:14 PM.

8. I had some lingering hope that the fired thing wasnt true. But this was posted on wackbag today.

Ack's Grl Today, 09:45 AM
    I have 5 subs that we personally pay for. I'm on hold to cancel. Fuckers keep telling me the wait is so long because people are signing up for XM. Yeah, right. I believe that.
    If you guys don't know, "Ack's Girl" is Anthony's Girlfriend.

Fuck.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

9. Frog, which station are O&A on in NY?

Also, fuck Howard Stern. Robin is the most fucking useless moron ever.

10. I'd never join anything for Opie & Anthony, but I'd be pissed if I was paying for uncensored radio and this happened. I wouldn't quit because I miss their show, I'd quit because XM is run by limp-wristed douche bags. I can watch regular tv and get that kind of service, no need to give money for it.

James