Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 495961626364656777 ... LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony

1. Don't they pull that shit every two years? Of course they were going to sign another contract. The only wild card is whether or not they managed to negotiate a better studio out of the deal.

On another note, they really need to stop bringing Bob Kelly on so much. He's like too much mustard on a sandwich lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. You know what duuuuude

3. I think they were prepared to walk this time, it seemed like they were lining up a backup plan. Although I think that was 90% Opie. Ant is too accustomed to his opulent lifestyle (and 9 years behind Opie in savings due to a divorce) to move to podcasting.

hahaha so i work in real estate and was just handed the file for a sale in our offices on friday...for a one dr. michio kaku

5. Guess Jimmy won't be seeing him in the halls of their apartment building anymore.

OHHHH!!!! YOU'RE FRIGHTENED ME!!!!

He's moving downtown!

7. New Patrice thing is out today at patriceoneal.com. It's a 20 minute clip from a set with one of his classic bits that never made it to TV/CD. If you went to his live shows a lot, you probably know it, but it's "new" to everyone else.

I hope they keep putting out unreleased material like this. There's so much of it.

8. If anyone still listens, has Jimmy talked about his Totally Biased appearance?
    Watching it now, and I just know there are things he wants to say to this lumpy space bitch.

9. Since I've been living overseas for years now (and have at least a couple more years to go), it's rare for me to be back here in the US. And as luck would have it, Jim Norton is doing a show in my hometown just when I happen to be here. I'm sure he's played here before, but I can't remember it.

Confession time: this is my first time going to a live stand-up show... ever. I'm pretty stoked.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

10. I'm sorry it has to be a Jim Norton show.