Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    When you look at facts, you tend to say truthful things.

Frog, did you catch Patrices show on Saturday night? I missed it.
    The torrents are up, try mininova.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

2. cool, thanks.

3. Yeah, I listened to it. It was good. Not as good as when Patrice (tha'ts comedian Patrice Oneal for those not familiar) is on O&A, but definitely good enough that I'd tune in each week for it. Speaking of which, since the pilot went so well, it's going to be a regular show. The next one is this Saturday.

I like Patrice a lot. If you ever get a chance to catch one of his live shows, go see him. He is amazing. One of the very best. I see him every chance I get.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 13 Mar 2006 at 04:38 PM.

4. There are reports indicating that David Lee Roth will be leaving CBS Radio, and may possibly be replaced with O&A.

The DLR exit isn't surprising since everyone has said it's the worst show ever (I listened to five minutes on his first day and never looked back). If O&A accept the deal, it's a big double-edged sword for both O&A and CBS.

O&A will get more recognition, but they'll have to contend with the FCC bullshit, even if their show is going to be edited as 'safe-for-FCC' consumption. While CBS will get more ratings with O&A, they'll have to contend with the FCC AND O&A being an XM advertisement, since those listening will probably want to hear the unedited version of the show and abondon free radio to get it.

Think O&A will accept the DLR replacement deal?
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

5. It depends on whether or not they think they're doing well. Frogacuda will say they're automatically doing awesome because he's an XM shill. I think going back on regular radio is idiotic but it will give them access to more people, but also force them to contend with more bureacracy BS. Which is exactly what you said.

6. Roth's show is retarded (for a big impact on his first broadcast, Roth interviews...his Uncle Matty? wtf). He deserves the boot. He's a rambling maniac.

However, would this mean that O&A (who I think suck) would be leaving XM? One would think so but the article isn't clear.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

7. They've talked about this in as much length as they've been allowed, but they had said a while ago that talks had pretty much stalled...

8. I was under the impression that the show would air on XM and on FM, with FM on a delay so they could "beep" the naughty stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

9. Quote Originally Posted by K3V
    I was under the impression that the show would air on XM and on FM, with FM on a delay so they could "beep" the naughty stuff.
    They never disclosed the full details of how they'd make it work, except that it would be some sort of simulcast. There was some implication the XM show would just have an extra hour for the edgier content at the end or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    However, would this mean that O&A (who I think suck) would be leaving XM? One would think so but the article isn't clear.
    Absolutely not. They're still under contract with XM. It would be a simulcast (The XM contract is not, and never was an exclusive deal. They've always reserved rights to syndicate the show to others).

O&A talked about this on the air weeks ago, and they said they'd love to do it, but XM is priority #1 and they would NOT do it if it compromised the XM show in a big way.

EDIT: Apparently they alluded to this on the show today. I just heard the beginning of today's show and they said "Hey, look at what just arrived... a whole box of dump buttons".
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 20 Apr 2006 at 11:46 AM.

10. AP: "XM will now syndicate the program to the stations in New York and six other markets, with three hours of the program airing on the CBS Radio stations, the people familiar with the deal said. XM will simultaneously broadcast that portion of the show, along with another two hours of exclusive O&A, they said."

It works out perfect, actually. The first two hours of the show works out to three hours with terrestrial ads. I'm guessing the show will also be delayed a bit as well, with CBS's finger on the button. Though the 20 minutes of commericials essentially ARE the delay.

I hope it doesn't compromise their XM show too much, but I'm happy for the guys. After Directv just dropped their XM talk programming, this is good news. They've been getting the shaft their whole career, now it's time for a shot at the "big time". Give it 6 months and everyone and their mom will be "RAAMOOOONNNNEEE"ing!

I like how all the Howie-heads are trying to spin this negetively. At this rate, Stern better use some of that 500 million to buy Sirius units and give them away or he's never going to catch up to OandA's audience..........