Page 1 of 78 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony

1. Thumbs Up Opie and Anthony

Talk Radio Stars Opie and Anthony to Join XM Satellite Radio
    Thursday August 5, 9:01 am ET
    'O & A' to Hold Press Conference Today at 12:00 Noon ET at Hard Rock Cafe in New York City

WASHINGTON, Aug. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- XM Satellite Radio (Nasdaq: XMSR - News), the nation's leading provider of satellite radio with more than 2.1 million subscribers, today announced that talk radio personalities Opie and Anthony will make their long-anticipated return to radio on XM Satellite Radio.
    (Photo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040805/DCTH011-a ) http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20040805/DCTH011-b )
    (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/20000724/XMSATLOGO )
    Opie and Anthony will premiere a live, weekday program on XM on October 4. The show will be carried exclusively on a new premium XM channel.

"We learned a lot during our two years away from our fans, and we can't wait to get back on the radio and reconnect with them," said Greg "Opie" Hughes. "This is a huge milestone for us because XM provides a nationwide audience that local radio simply can't match." Anthony Cumia added, "XM is the future of radio as we know it, and it is the perfect platform for us to entertain our radio fans, in the same way that HBO provided more creative freedom for people in TV."

Opie and Anthony are among the most popular and controversial duos in radio. Their irreverent wit made their afternoon radio show number one among male listeners between the ages of 18 and 49 in New York City, Philadelphia, Boston, Dallas, Cleveland, and Buffalo, according to Arbitron. O & A have not been on the air since August 2002, and their large fan base has been waiting patiently for their return. The new show on XM will serve up their offbeat humor that has drawn millions of listeners and made them loyal fans.

"XM has been called 'the HBO of satellite radio,' and like HBO, we can provide O & A fans with a unique way to enjoy their edgy humor," said Hugh Panero, President & CEO of XM Satellite Radio. "The O & A show is the latest example of the incredible range of programming available on XM."

The Opie and Anthony show is the newest addition to XM's critically acclaimed programming line-up, which offers digital radio channels devoted to everything from classical music to hip hop, college and professional sports to audio books, financial news to stand-up comedy.

XM's 120-plus channels are available from coast to coast for a basic monthly fee of $9.99. XM will carry Opie and Anthony on a premium channel (XM Channel 202) for an additional monthly fee of $1.99. XM subscribers can pre- order the new channel starting today by calling XM at 1-800-XM-RADIO (1-800-967-2346) or visiting XM online at http://www.xmradio.com.

MEDIA ADVISORY: Opie and Anthony will hold a press conference today at 12 noon ET at the Hard Rock Cafe in New York City at 221 West 57th Street.

About XM Satellite Radio

XM Satellite Radio is America's #1 satellite radio service with more than 2.1 million subscribers. Broadcasting live daily from studios in Washington, DC, New York City and Nashville, Tennessee at the Country Music Hall of Fame, XM's 2004 lineup includes more than 120 digital channels of choice from coast to coast: 68 commercial-free music channels, featuring hip hop to opera, classical to country, bluegrass to blues; 33 channels of premier sports, talk, comedy, children's and entertainment programming; and more than 20 channels of the most advanced traffic and weather information for major metropolitan areas nationwide. Affordable, compact and stylish XM satellite radio receivers for the home, the car, the computer and boom boxes for "on the go" are available from retailers nationwide. In addition, XM is available in more than 80 different 2004 car models. XM is a popular factory-installed option on more than 40 new General Motors models, as well as a standard feature on se!
    veral top-selling Honda and Acura models. Passengers on JetBlue Airways and AirTran Airways will be able to listen to XM's programming in-flight later in 2004. This fall, XM will offer XM NavTraffic, a new service that will provide real- time traffic information for vehicle navigation systems. For more information about XM, visit http://www.xmradio.com.

Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements in this press release include demand for XM Satellite Radio's service, XM's dependence on technology and third party vendors, its potential need for additional financing, as well as other risks described in XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc.'s Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on 3-15-04. Copies of the filing are available upon request from XM Radio' s Investor Relations Department.

Get a deal on an XM radio, use this link:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/external-search?tag=maismouscom&keyword=xm&mode=electronics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Source: XM Satellite Radio

2. Nice, now they can say the president is dead, and bang chicks on the Pope's front lawn without losing their jobs.

3. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    Nice, now they can say the president is dead, and bang chicks on the Pope's front lawn without losing their jobs.
    I, for one, can't wait. Funniest talk show of all time.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Master
    I, for one, can't wait. Funniest talk show of all time.
    Yeah, I loved them when they were on in Boston, I didn't really listen much when they went to New York. Still, I wish I had satellite radio

5. Quote Originally Posted by dave is ok
    Yeah, I loved them when they were on in Boston, I didn't really listen much when they went to New York. Still, I wish I had satellite radio
    The show was fun and the fans had unauthorized real time streams up (syndication underground) I wonder if that will contine. O & A is good but I really liked Ron & Fez.

6. I guess that means Howard will be going to Sirius. He hate those two.

Satellite radio will be nice until the FCC decides to start monitoring that, too.

7. Fucking sick. The new radio I got is XM capable too. The wait is almost over!

8. Can't wait.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    I guess that means Howard will be going to Sirius. He hate those two.

Satellite radio will be nice until the FCC decides to start monitoring that, too.
    I doubt howard is going Satelite at all, he just used the talk as a way to draw back his sagging ratings.

My only complaint is the O&A channel is an extra $2/mo over the normal XM sub, not that $12 a month over the $10 I pay now is a big deal.

The Roady 2 just came out for XM and it is an amazing unit, and they even have a walkman-style portable dock coming out for it this fall.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

10. LOL. This is great. http://www.catholicleague.com/04pres...pieanthony.htm

best part:
    “We wish Opie and Anthony well and trust they have learned their lesson. In a press release today, they said, ‘We learned a lot during our two years away from our fans, and we can’t wait to get back on the radio and reconnect with them.’

“We hope they do more than that: never has our office been subjected to more vulgar and obscene rants than when we got Opie and Anthony kicked off the air. It would be wise, therefore, for these guys to go about their business having fun, but without stooping into the gutter just to please the lowest common denominator. There are a lot of depraved young men out there and they don’t need any further encouragement. And one more thing: lay off us Catholics.”