Thread: Progressive Scan DVD player

1. Progressive Scan DVD player

I got a HD tv and I found out I dont have a progressive scan DVD player. My dvd player looks pretty good I think but I'm wondering if progressive scan actually looks that much better. All dvd players I see now are under $100 but I seen one for $200 that said it was perfect for HDTV's. Its said it had something that can upconvert signal to 480P, 720 or 1080.

Any opinions welcomed.
    Korly-"Everyone here is an asshole, SURPRISE!"

2. I don't know how much this helps, but I was in Best Buy yesterday and they had a progressive scan DVD player for $40. I would say go for it, I've seen DVDs on regular and progressive and the difference is amazing. Hope this helps.

3. I didn't even know that non-progressive players were still being made. Panasonic has had the best progressive players for a while now; especially at the low end.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Glass Joe
    I don't know how much this helps, but I was in Best Buy yesterday and they had a progressive scan DVD player for $40. I would say go for it, I've seen DVDs on regular and progressive and the difference is amazing. Hope this helps.
    I'll bet it's the same one Radio Shack carries, the Cyber Home.
    It's a great player, but these things're rather fragile. Only outputs surround sound through PCM, no optical.
    I agree with the Glass Landstalker here, too. Progressive->non-progressive is like night and day.

5. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I'll bet it's the same one Radio Shack carries, the Cyber Home.
    It's a great player, but these things're rather fragile. Only outputs surround sound through PCM, no optical.
    I agree with the Glass Landstalker here, too. Progressive->non-progressive is like night and day.
    I'm not sure but it might be the same and the Glass Landstalker shit is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by soundwave
    Yeah, this thing sounds bad ass. Soundwave was telling me about this and I'm about to hunt one down myself. Sounds amazing.

6. Sounds like a poor DVD player to me after reading what Secrets' had to say about it.

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-b...h&articles=119