Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bit Torrent

1. Question Bit Torrent

I hear about Bit Torrent a lot, and it always seems like all the good shit I want to download uses it. Can any of you guys help me get started? Thanks!

2. "Hey kids, I'm a computer! Stop all the downloadin'!"

3. Quote Originally Posted by Korly
    "Hey kids, I'm a computer! Stop all the downloadin'!"
    GI JOOOEEEE!!!
    Currently playing - KOFXI

4. All the info you need to get started is on that site, just check the faq/help section.

5. I just installed FireFox PR1.0 and now I can't download torrents from certain... sites...
    I'm getting weird messages about referers from the site and all. Makes no sense to me. And I'm sure as hell not using IE to go on there, either.
    What's going on?

6. Don't get the pure bittorrent plugin, instead get BitComet, it manages the upload speed, downloads edonkey, and a bunch of other very necessary things.
    I don't know how to get rid of the huge space here.

7. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee
    I just installed FireFox PR1.0 and now I can't download torrents from certain... sites...
    I'm getting weird messages about referers from the site and all. Makes no sense to me. And I'm sure as hell not using IE to go on there, either.
    What's going on?
    Your firefox is probably sending batty referral headers. Keep using 0.9.3 until 1.0 goes final.

8. Hmm, BitComet you say. Does it work with Emule files as well?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Despair
    Hmm, BitComet you say. Does it work with Emule files as well?
    If it does then I'm sold. Emule has some stuff you wont find anywhere, with the price of waiting several days.