Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone find that TNL is a little bit nicer these days?

1. Anyone find that TNL is a little bit nicer these days?

I don't know how it happened barely any, if any threads degenerate into mindless name calling recently. I don't know if it is because I unsubscribed to FC, or increased moderation, but the forums have less of an war mongering vibe to it. Even at worst, the forums are much tamer than what it used to be.

Kudos to all that have turned it into what the forums are now.

2. It may just be a natural cycle. We have tried a few things, like hiring two additional mods, posting updated rules, and resetting Fight Club membership, so that may be part of it.

Funny, on the front page it said, "Anyone find that TNL is a little bit . . .," because of the forty-character display maximum, so I was prepared for anything as I clicked the link. I'm glad to see it was a compliment.

But again, this niceness may be part of a cycle, so don't throw away your shield and sword yet.

3. I love you guys!
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

4. Oh, yeah . . . we've been sexing up our readers, so that calms 'em a bit.

Come here, you!

5. Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue
    I love you guys!
    You also love ice cream, and so do I.

IRT the topic, yeah, it does feel a little more mellow around here, which ain't that bad actually. My only complaint is that sometimes it feels like the board concentrates more on VB or Sound Off then Gaming Discussion, but it's gotten much better lately, so here's hopin'.

I think it's due to the new mods' strong-arm, rule by fear tactics.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. But I think that is because the off topic forums have found good wholesome activities as bush and kerry bashing. Nothing brings people together like having to vote for one pathetic candidate or one that is worse.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    so don't throw away your shield and sword yet.
    Bah, a real man uses a 2 handed axe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass
    Squall's a dick.

9. Not a paladin - not even a backslidden one.