Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awesome Deals at EB!!

1. Awesome Deals at EB!!

All of these are good until 8/15.

I cut and pasted the best of the best from cheapassgamer.com forums.

-BUY 2 PRE-PLAYED GAMES and GET 1 FREE

-Trade in ESPN Football 2k5 and receive $10.00 trade in credit towards Madden 2005.

-Trade in HALO for XB towards HALO 2 and receive $15.00 Trade in Credit

-SAVE $10.00 w/ a trade in of 1 select PS2, XB, GC games towards any of the following HOT hit titles.... Spiderman 2, Tales of Symphonia, Way of the Samurai 2, Red Dead Revolver (would only be 14.99 after a trade in), Harvest Moon GC, Tony Hawk Underground (would only be 9.99 after a trade in) (I cut and pasted the decent ones),

-Buy 2 Players Choice, Greatest Hits, Platinum Hit, or Activision/Vivendi PC Games regular price $19.99 for only $30.00

Plus with the Spider-Man 2 trade in deal, you also get a 10 dollar gift voucher, essentially making Spider-Man 2 29.99 after one trade in.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 08 Aug 2004 at 08:51 PM.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. The buy 2 get 1 free deal is pretty awesome and the best part is you can mix and match systems - 2 ps2 games 1 xbox game, 1 dvd movie 1 gba game 1 gc game, whatever, it doesnt matter.

3. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    The buy 2 get 1 free deal is pretty awesome and the best part is you can mix and match systems - 2 ps2 games 1 xbox game, 1 dvd movie 1 gba game 1 gc game, whatever, it doesnt matter.
    Sadly no one will see this it seems.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    Sadly no one will see this it seems.
    Yea, because EB = teh devil on TNL. Oh well.

5. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Yea, because EB = teh devil on TNL. Oh well.
    I was more or less thinking because people just avoid hot deals for some very odd reason.

Maybe they don't like saving money, or 50 bucks per game is a good deal for them?

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    The buy 2 get 1 free deal is pretty awesome and the best part is you can mix and match systems - 2 ps2 games 1 xbox game, 1 dvd movie 1 gba game 1 gc game, whatever, it doesnt matter.
    That's not too bad of a deal, but if you can find the GH/Plat games in Best buy, you can buy them whenever you want for $15 with the Gamer's Gift Card.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    I was more or less thinking because people just avoid hot deals for some very odd reason.

Maybe they don't like saving money, or 50 bucks per game is a good deal for them?
    Or maybe EB doesn't feel like building an establishment closer then a twenty minute drive away, which makes it real tough to patronize a store when I don't have a car. I'd love to be all over this.

8. And maybe, just maybe, EB will stop giving me these used discs that are downright AWFUL. I have to clean them a lot...I had to return one as it was unrecoverable.

I am pretty close to not going there anymore if the trend continues. They have good deals, with a caveat: the used items suck.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams
    And maybe, just maybe, EB will stop giving me these used discs that are downright AWFUL. I have to clean them a lot...I had to return one as it was unrecoverable.

I am pretty close to not going there anymore if the trend continues. They have good deals, with a caveat: the used items suck.
    I hate the preowned stickers on the case, they look ugly as hell and I can't get the glue off the case. I once asked the salesguy if he could forget about adding that sticker on there and he said it was company policy to put it there. I should've just said, "screw that, I'll just get it off ebay" or something like that...
    Name: Rock
    Town: Arcadia