Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345679 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Freeware on the Web

1. Quote Originally Posted by MarkRyan
    CDex -- Best MP3 ripping program I've used, by far.
    i'm partial to exact audio copy. much more flexible than cdex (which is what i used before switching.)

2. Awesome thread.

Wolfenstien Enemy Territory.

File Planet.

Thus ends the list.
    Truth.

I'm gonna see if NVU is any good, at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by NVU
    # Designed for Linux Desktop
    # Easy to use
    # Powerful
    # Ideal for non-programmers
    # Open Source
    lawl

3. Just started messing around with a video capture program called DScaler about an hour ago and I think I may be in love. Have a feature list-

DScaler packages a variety of functions, including:
    Grabbing video from a DVD player, game console, laserdisc, or VCR in a reliable fashion, in either analog or digital form;
    Deinterlacing video source, such as sports and news produced with a video camera, as well as console games;
    Detecting and removing 2:2 pulldown (PAL) and 3:2 pulldown (NTSC) for movies and filmed television programs;
    Reducing video noise on analog sources;
    Automatically calibrating video capture cards for optimal brightness, contrast and color;
    Manipulating video through gamma, sharpness and other filters;
    Viewing still images;
    Reducing judder and other video timing anomalies; and
    Presenting all of the above in the desired resolution and aspect ratio.
    So far I can't seem to persuade it to let me save stuff where I want it to go but that's not exactly a deal breaker. It's clean, it's smooth, it's free, I'm very happy.

http://deinterlace.sourceforge.net/

James

4. DScalar is excellent and its what I used when I had a TV Tuner cause Hauppauge's shitty programs and drivers stink. I used to get blue screens all the time and DScalar came to the rescue. I may pick up another tuner (NOT Hauppauge!) and I will surely use DScalar again.

5. Where were you last night when I tried 7 programs in a row that all universally sucked?

James

LOL Guest
    DScaler's the most popular and well-known video capture program on the Internet. You suck at the Internet.

7. Quote Originally Posted by MVS
    Wolfenstien Enemy Territory.
    beat you to it.

8. No love for Free Agent - Usenet reader/browser champion? Or is Usenet a relic already?

9. Quote Originally Posted by Error
    Since nobody has posted it yet, here's a freeware web editing program that is very similar to Dreamweaver. It's based on Mozilla's standard editor but modified.

http://www.nvu.com/
    Grabbing it now, thanks.

I'm loading up my Mac with free software thanks to this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

10. Quote Originally Posted by omfgninjas
    MusicBrainz - It's got a stupid name, but this program will look at all your MP3s and re-tag them for you from an online database of MP3 information. It's been about 90% accurate for me so far.
    I give it a thumbs up.