Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surround Sound/Gaming Headsets

1. Surround Sound/Gaming Headsets

I've recently become aware of these and I'm wondering if anyone has a pair they'd like to comment on. Most gaming sites seem to recommend Turtle Bay headsets, but the infrared setup seems like a giant pain in the ass.

I was going to post this exact same thread. This scares me.

3. This isn't about a non-Star Wars videogame, so you shouldn't be surprised.

4. Turtle Beach has a new version that uses something other than IR

http://www.amazon.com/Force-Digital-...enextleve04-20

its not exactly cheap though. There is a video of it in action on that amazon page.

I myself have a pair of Tritton 5.1 surround headphones, it uses a rumble pack like feature to replace the .1 subwoofer channel. Its been ok, but I've since moved on to using an actual speaker set for my surround needs.

Here's a newer version of the Tritton.

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicatio...386&CatId=2382

5. Those look awesome, but I can't justify spending $200 on something like that. I was thinking about spending around half that.

6. I'm surprised nobody mentioned the Astro A40's. I own a pair (the system with the mixamp...the mixamp is key) and they make me cream every time I use them. They've been voted best by every company that has reviewed them against the Triton's and Turtle Beach's.

That's all.

Astro A40's + Gunnar Optiks = sechs.

7. $250, ouch.

8. Well...do they have to be wireless?

9. I have these and they've served me well as a quiet/space-saving substitute for a real surround setup. They would be perfect but the center channel isn't quite up to par with the rest so it's semi-noticeable in a lot of movies where most dialogue comes from the center.

They work great with the 360/PS3 as it comes with a dolby digital decoder box with both optical and coaxial digital inputs.

10. Ya those are what i have. they don't make em anymore though.