Page 1 of 11 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone explain what's up with the Aqua Teens?

1. Anyone explain what's up with the Aqua Teens?

What's up with Adult Swim ads saying Aqua Teen Hunger Force's final episode is in a few weeks? Was the show cancelled or is this some promotional setup for a new season?

It was my understanding ATHF was pretty popular, and I can't see the writers being out of ideas already. *-neo

2. I thought it was strange too.....I do think that the show should end before it jumps the shark...but still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

3. It's just a joke.

4. I hope so. Got proof?
    pwned by Ivan

5. Quote Originally Posted by neoalphazero
    It was my understanding ATHF was pretty popular, and I can't see the writers being out of ideas already. *-neo
    Brak was popular and they cancelled it for a year or so, it's to help avoid over-exposure and probably to gather fresh ideas during a period of non-creation. Tonight they had an ad which also mentioned Harvey Birdman being cancelled with ATHF and that's the one I really hope they don't take off. Dr. Wierd is hysterical but the rest of ATHF I really don't care about one way or the other.

6. I've read that it's just a ratings ploy, although a production break would help, as the third season really exposed the few flaws with the show.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I've read that it's just a ratings ploy, although a production break would help, as the third season really exposed the few flaws with the show.
    Like what?

Not attacking. Just curious.

8. It's a joke guys, here's the list of the upcoming new episodes:
    The dates are most likely off though.

45. 4-3 2403 29-Aug-2004 Gee Whiz
    46. 4-4 2404 05-Sep-2004 Remooned
    47. 4-5 2405 12-Sep-2004 Robositter
    48. 4-6 2406 19-Sep-2004 E-Dork
    49. 4-7 2407 26-Sep-2004 Little Brittle

9. Opaque, I can't think of any specific examples beyond some jokes just being repeated that weren't funny to me to begin with, and that the third season just seemed to really overexpose the show, although Carl being used more in it certainly helped it immensely.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Opaque, I can't think of any specific examples beyond some jokes just being repeated that weren't funny to me to begin with, and that the third season just seemed to really overexpose the show, although Carl being used more in it certainly helped it immensely.
    Fair enough.