Thread: Monkey portrait and other animals

1. Monkey portrait and other animals

From a recent trip to the zoo in Bridgeport, CT.

Last edited by JefmcC; 11 Aug 2004 at 04:39 PM. Reason: add more pictures

2. OMG Look at the fur shading on the monkey!!!

3. awwwwwwww the turtle.....

4. In the turtle shot, it looks as though your shooting from it's feeding bowl(or that's what I'd call it from here). I was going to swear you where in there cages at first glance.

What camera did you take things with?
    The quailty on all of them is great.
    Couse, I'm no photographer, by any means. Just asking.

5. Quote Originally Posted by RyChus
    In the turtle shot, it looks as though your shooting from it's feeding bowl(or that's what I'd call it from here). I was going to swear you where in there cages at first glance.

What camera did you take things with?
    The quailty on all of them is great.
    Couse, I'm no photographer, by any means. Just asking.
    I wish I was in the cage with the monkeys!

The peacocks just wander around the park, they are not in cages.

For the others, they were shot through some kind of plexi glass. It was a little tricky doing it and not picking up any glare from all the lights in the place.

The camera is an older Olympus 2.1 mp point and shoot camera, nothing fancy. http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/olympus/d490z-review/
    It's a decent camera with a few problems, mainly no direct USB support. That can be resolved with an external USB card reader. There is also no support for external lenses and you cannot maunally focus the lens.

I generally use the second to highest setting on the camera, which produces an image of 1200 x 1600 at 72dpi. This is more than enough to make perfect 5x7 prints and almost perfect 8 x 10.

Since it's an older camera, one should be able to find it very cheap. I think it would make an excellent alternative to a disposeable camera, or just a cheap digital camera that can be knocked around a bit. It's a good point and shoot camera and I love it.