Thread: $99 Dollar refub Xbox!

1. $99 Dollar refub Xbox!

2. What's the difference between refurbished and reconditioned? Is refurbed a broken machine that was fixed, and reconed a working one that was clean?
    Nintendo DS Friend Codes:
    Mario Kart DS - 493982 793875
    Animal Crossing DS - EmptyOne / Meville / 0172-4142-9016

3. Quote Originally Posted by Empty_One
    What's the difference between refurbished and reconditioned? Is refurbed a broken machine that was fixed, and reconed a working one that was clean?
    My understanding is this:
    Refub means they sent it up to their corporate masters and had it checked out.

my knowledge ends here.

4. Is that the regular price for a refurb, or just a promo?

Doesn't hurt to have an extra Xbox or two for linking up.

5. Refurb means they blew air into it and called it good, you've got a 50% chance of it working. There's no deal on the Microsoft factory refurbs, they're still $130, but they've got a 90% chance of not crapping out on you by the end of day 1.

As for simply used X-Boxes, you pays your money and you takes your chances. A good store will test before selling, a bad one will just toss it out there and not care. Good luck.

James

6. If it helps my experience (about 20 games psx/dc) have been nothing but stellar. All used games are without scratches, come with manuals/cases/stuff and such. Never had a prob. That and they have instore returns which is comforting.

7. That's why they have warranties and return/exchange policies. I bought a refurbished PSX back in '97 and it worked no problem for as long as I owned it.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

8. Ugh

My refurbed Xbox died on me a couple days ago. I think it lasted somewhere around four months..not a happy camper.