View Poll Results: There are two kinds of people, who are you?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I’m an Elvis man/girl!

6 26.09%
  • I’m a Beatles man/girl!

16 69.57%
  • Neither – I like my music new, like Ashlee Simpson!

1 4.35%
  • Both – I have no soul.

0 0%
Page 1 of 8 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: The World according to Doc

1. Disc The World according to Doc

I have a theory, that everyone on the planet can be divided into two groups: the Beatles fans and the Elvis fans. I don't believe I’m the first to present it either. It was brought up in the camcorder cut scene of Pulp Fiction, and also in the book The Outsiders... that book you may or may not have read in Junior High… it was also a cheesy 80’s flick with a bunch of would be stars... ring a bell?

Anyhow back to the subject, who is the King of Rock?

Also, if you get bored (or have a mental instability and therefore just don't give a shit about the King), feel free to discuss Todd McFarland toys.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. /m\The Beatles/m\

Although, props to Elvis for eating solely fried food, shooting TVs, and telling Scientologists to piss off.
    Last edited by AstroBlue; 13 Aug 2004 at 04:35 AM.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

3. king of rock is chad croger

4. Beatles without a doubt.

5. Someone get me some fried peanut butter & banana samiches baby.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

6. My dad was an Elvis man, and my mom liked the Beatles. So... I'm going to have to go with Elvis because hes the king, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
    It was brought up in the camcorder cut scene of Pulp Fiction
    I saw that scene the other day. Some cable network (think it was E or something) showed it and i was all 'wtf mate?' I should probably watch the rest of the deleted scenes on the dvd now...

7. the beatles. duh.

8. Woah, "cheesy"? The Outsiders is bad as hell. When the Karate Kid gets all fucked up and has to go to the hospital--that's touching stuff, man.

And I have to go with Elvis, since we're from the same town.

9. I gotta go with Elvis. My reasoning:

He was the from the South you know, and the South is where all good 20th century music originated from. His music really was the beginning of rock, and it had that blues influence that I love so much.

Elvis came before the Beatles. Pretty simple there.

I think the importance, and influence, of the Beatles is vastly overstated today, thanks in large part to pretentious baby boomers who feel the need to glorify their own forgotten youth (witness how much they cram shit like hippies, JFK, Woodstock, and Vietnam down our throats). In contrast, most Elvis admirers are either dead or too old to write about how great or influential he was. Before he became fat and shitty, of course.

The Beatles started out as a semi-shitty pop band, basically the N'Sync of the early 1960s. Then they became a bunch of pretentious drug-abusing idiots, put some sitars in their music, and all of the sudden they're geniuses. Come on. They did have great, memorable tunes, yea, but most of it sucked.

Think about it. The Beatles paved the way for even more pretentious drug-abusing idiots, like Pink Floyd or The Doors, while Elvis paved the way for blues, real blues, real soul, guys like Jimi Hendrix or Eric Clapton, and of course the most awesome band of the 1970s, Led Zeppelin.

Our generation needs to shun the baby boomers and the way they try to make us love all the shit they loved so they can live vicariously through our youth. We need to make up our own minds about what's what... and Elvis is the king.
    Last edited by diffusionx; 13 Aug 2004 at 07:21 PM.