Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your summer pile of shame...

1. Your summer pile of shame...

Okay... school's over (for me, anyway... who knew high school ended in May?) or will be soon. Those partaking in the sacred summer rest period are presented with some free time. What to do with it? Well, what about those quests never conquered, journeys never concluded, and villains never quashed ("that IS an English word, you know" -- What? You never played Blazing Dragons?)? I know I'm gonna hop on my pile. Not literally mind you. Lesse... Gotta finish Final Fantasies V-X...Grandia II, Skies of Arcadia, Time Stalkers, Golden Sun, Tales of Destiny, Star Ocean II, Dragon Warrior VII, Gitaroo Man Master's Play...
    Fun times ahead. Anyone doing the same?
    ...and sorry if I offend those with no sacred summer rest. I know I'll lose mine in a few years too.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    man too much stuff to mention.

im on disc 2 of Skies of Arcadia
    im right before the 80 man fight in Shenmue
    im right before the final boss in Grandia 2
    theres a bunch of old games ive been neglecting (especially trying to get all the auggers in Night Trap)

deathwishkersey Guest
    After I finish Hoshigami and Resident Evil....
    Demon's Crest, Mega Man X2, Mega Man 7- SNES
    Suikoden, Castlevania:SOTN(borrowed it from a friend years ago and never got to finish it, so I got my own copy now)-PS
    Breath Of Fire-GBA
    (Possibly) Ikaruga-DC
    My summer only lasts 3 weeks, so it's most likely I'll only beat the Mega Man games and start the others.

4. Half way through D2, itching to play Shemnue 2, restarting Lodoss War, still have to play Grandia 2 and Skies, have to complete Fur Fighters, MSR (taking my sweet time with it ) and MDK 2, Earthbound NES, and then there's the Turbo, N64, Saturn, and PSX titles.

5. star ocean 2nd story
    tales of destiny 2
    dragon warrior 7
    snk vs capcom card fighters clash

6. I don't even want to think about my pile of shame. I've owned like 5 or 6 final fantasy games, and i've never beat one. thats just a small example of my inability to start what i finish. Although summer is definatly the time for playing RPGs.

wanna hear something really pathetic? I've been home for summer for almost 2 weeks and I haven't played a game in those 2 weeks.

7. I just bought Dragon Warrior VII and I'm currently addicted to it. It will probably be the only game I'll be playing in while and after that, I'll try to beat what's left of Blaster Master and Advance Wars and try to make time for Ogre Battle 64.

8. I'll be picking up Valkyrie Profile soon, and that'll start summer off. then I'll finish BOF 4 once I get a new copy.
    more likely than not I'll spend summer playing random super fami games I get, but I don't know what those are yet.

9. For me, there is no difference between summer and the rest of the year, aside from it meaning that all the high-schooler no longer have institutions to keep them occupied during morning hours and now I must deal with them. Which I hate.

No offense guys, but some of the groups I have to deal with...

In any case, I have no idea what I'm going to play or finish since my TVs dead. Maybe Ikaruga will come out and my DC will still get sweet, sweet loving. Funnily enough, while watching the slide show at Attack of the Clones, two kids behind me were complaining about Buyrite's slowness and talking about buying Radiant Silvergun 2. I was tempted to turn around and give them some better stores and tell them that RS2 doesn't exist, but I didn't bother. Kinda regret it now...

10. I STILL haven't beat Halo on every diffuculty setting yet so off I go...what, there are other games on Xbox? Sorry, the Co-op mode is just too fun...i could pass my whole summer with the AC cranked up, a glass of Lemonade/ice tea, and Halo.