Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My frustration with online ordering+The Greatest Hits line

My frustration with online ordering+The Greatest Hits line

So I recently ordered some games through the mail from a couple of online sites. I read the description carefully and confim either via phone or email that the game I'm ordering is the non-greatest hits version being assured that they do not even carry the Greatest Hits versions.
    So my packages come and ugh they are the GH versions, my luck must be bad. So now I have GH versions of Silent Hill and Final Fantasy 8 when I was told I would get the originals.From a personal standpoint I don't really like the GH line packaging, but with that said if I want or desire the game bad enough I'll go with the GH version. What I don't like is that companies don't list the products accurately and as a customer it's frustrating. I will end up keeping them as I don't want the hassle and expense of sending them back since they don't have the originals anyways. Just me ranting about something most people could care less about but for me it's principle also.

Korian

2. Don't blame you sir, the GH series has a ugly ass color scheme. *-neo

3. I recently purged my collection of the 2 GH games I had. Ugly bastards. Pain felt.

4. I can give a rats ass about the GH box. The game insede what really matters to me

5. I cringe everytime I look at the 2 GH games in my collection. My loose games look better. Why change the packaging anyway? Just change the dang price sticker on the outside of the shrinkwrap.

6. Originally posted by Despair
    I can give a rats ass about the GH box. The game insede what really matters to me
    Same way I feel.

I don't care if the game is a greatest hits title, but I'm pretty weird about making sure the CD/Case/Booklet are all in perfect shape.

Johnny Guest
    Most of my PSone titles are Greatest Hits. You can often find the older versions used, but then you're not supporting the developer. It's a very small price to pay when picking up those older games. The lack of colour CD art bothers me more.

8. Honestly, you were being delusional if you honestly expected a store to guarantee that you would receive an original release instead of a Greatest Hits. An eBay transaction, I could understand, but you need to realize that stores (and most consumers) view the products as identical. If you want original releases, go to the store and find them yourself, because you're never going to be sure of what you're getting online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

TheSCHLONG! Guest
    ummmm why not just return them?

10. what's especially frustrating is when the actual game is slightly different in the GH version..
    for example, in my original SOTN, you could press start to skip past dialogues between characters.. not so in the GH version, where you have to sit through it all..

add to that the lack of color on the CD's, and the ugly green part of the cover..

if anything, the GH versions should have improved cover art and features..
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!