Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My frustration with online ordering+The Greatest Hits line

1. Originally posted by johnk_
    what's especially frustrating is when the actual game is slightly different in the GH version..
    for example, in my original SOTN, you could press start to skip past dialogues between characters.. not so in the GH version, where you have to sit through it all..
    Really?

I've never heard of game altering changes in any of the GH titles, does anybody else know of anymore?

Originally posted by burgundy
    Honestly, you were being delusional if you honestly expected a store to guarantee that you would receive an original release instead of a Greatest Hits. An eBay transaction, I could understand, but you need to realize that stores (and most consumers) view the products as identical. If you want original releases, go to the store and find them yourself, because you're never going to be sure of what you're getting online.
    Maybe but when I order direct from Sony I just assumed they knew the difference. If online stores view them as identical then why even state it's a GH hits or not on their site? Besides the color scheme I see it as a sceond printing and if I'm paying for the original why should I be glad they sent me the GH version? Say I go to buy a fisrt edition book/art/comic and they send me a reprint I see a difference but maybe that's just me.

Korian

3. greatest hits suck ass! i hate them so much. if i have to pay extra just so i can get the original, non greatest hits version, i will.

korian, i feel your pain. the same thing happened to me when i ordered syphon filter. i explicitly told them to send me a non greatest hits one, that if they only had copies with the ugly greatest hits label on them, then forget about it. they told me it was the original. i get it in the mail and it was greatest hits. damn jabronis!

4. Originally posted by Korian

Maybe but when I order direct from Sony I just assumed they knew the difference. If online stores view them as identical they why even state it's a GH hits or not on their site? Besides the color scheme I see it as a sceond printing and if I'm paying for the original why should I be glad they sent me the GH version? Say I go to buy a fisrt edition book/art/comic and they send me a reprint I see a difference but maybe that's just me.

Korian
    Games aren't books, art or comics. Their collectible value is not recognized by retailers. If they were, you'd pay more for original versions. You basically want to get an original version for the same price as the discounted one, because it's worth more to you, and you expect dealers to know the difference but not charge you for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.

Originally posted by burgundy
    Games aren't books, art or comics. Their collectible value is not recognized by retailers. If they were, you'd pay more for original versions. You basically want to get an original version for the same price as the discounted one, because it's worth more to you, and you expect dealers to know the difference but not charge you for it.
    I'd be happy to pay more for an original, if online sites don't know the difference or see more or less value between the regular and GH one why do they have the GH line specified when you buy a game. It's states that and shows an image of an original or GH so people can decide based on those labels.

Korian

6. Originally posted by Korian

I'd be happy to pay more for an original, if online sites don't know the difference or see more or less value between the regular and GH one why do they have the GH line specified when you buy a game. It's states that and shows an image of an original or GH so people can decide based on those labels.

Korian
    If you'd be happy to pay more, I'd suggest eBay. Ads there often advertise that the original version is for sale, and oftentimes they wind up with higher bids.

It may be frustrating, but you can't always rely on what online retailers post on their sites. Some sites still have listings for games that have been OOP for years. Often, the site and the inventory are run by different departments, and one won't know what the other is doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    burgundy is the only conceivable choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    I have an Alcatraz-style all-star butthole.