Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PDF Files

1. PDF Files

I've been working on a website for my aunts neck pillows (KushNeck). I made an order form out of HTML for people to print out if they want to pay via money order or personal check. But I decided it was easier if people downloaded the pdf file and printed it out from there. Whats a good program to convert HTML files to pdf? Is it even possible?
    Last edited by bandit; 15 Aug 2004 at 10:11 PM.

2. I think Adobe Acrobat/Acrobat Reader can do that (I may be wrong).

3. You need the full version of Acrobat to do that. Reader can't create pdf's, only view them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

4. So close.

5. Yea..I have Reader 6.0 and I tried it. Unsuccessful.

Anyone know a 3rd party freeware that is good? At Adobe's site, you can either pay $9.99 a month/$99.99 a year or try it for free. But you only get 5.

6. Yea, I do... but I forgot the name.

Wait. It might be this one:

http://www.download.com/pdf-ghostscr...l?tag=lst-0-11

7. Adobe Distiller is used to create PDFs.
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

8. OpenOffice can export as PDF. Not exactly sure if said exporting is up to spec, but I know it can do it.

9. ...

yeah the problem is getting the HTML into the PDF. The best program for creating PDFs is to first make a postscript of the file (you can do this under print setup) and then distilling (Adobe Distiller) that postscript into a PDF.

How complex is the order form? I mean just recreate it in Word and then you can save automatically as a PDF...or you could use an Adobe Design program, save directly as a PDF or postscript to PDF it. Or (and this would be a much bigger file) you could do it in Photoshop and save as a photoshop PDF for Web.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

10. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    yeah the problem is getting the HTML into the PDF. The best program for creating PDFs is to first make a postscript of the file (you can do this under print setup) and then distilling (Adobe Distiller) that postscript into a PDF.

How complex is the order form? I mean just recreate it in Word and then you can save automatically as a PDF...or you could use an Adobe Design program, save directly as a PDF or postscript to PDF it. Or (and this would be a much bigger file) you could do it in Photoshop and save as a photoshop PDF for Web.

ssb
    nothing complex..its this

[LINK REMOVED..]

I guess if there is no way of transfering that html page into pdf, I guess I'll have to redo it on Excel.
    Last edited by bandit; 17 Aug 2004 at 07:21 AM.