Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PDF Files

1. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    PDF:

But the problem is that most HTMl editor's like Dreamweaver don't have print dialogue boxes...only for the code...so we need a way around that, that doesn't involve using that dialogue box...becuase if I could get there I could always postscript it too...

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

2. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    But the problem is that most HTMl editor's like Dreamweaver don't have print dialogue boxes...only for the code...so we need a way around that, that doesn't involve using that dialogue box...becuase if I could get there I could always postscript it too...

ssb
    Hmm. Let me get Dreamweaver running on this machine and I'll see if I can remember the fix to enable printing the page view.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Mike
    Hmm. Let me get Dreamweaver running on this machine and I'll see if I can remember the fix to enable printing the page view.
    That would be awesome if you could do that...I know a bunch of people at my work were trying to figure out how to PDF entire sites and whatnot...this would be really helpful/

Thanks! ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

4. Yea..if you can make DW make the page into PDF it would be great.

BTW, you got mail Mike. Thanks

5. Quote Originally Posted by bandit
    Yea..if you can make DW make the page into PDF it would be great.
    I'll find out about that tomorrow. Too busy today to install Studio MX 2004.

BTW, you got mail Mike. Thanks
    No prob. Let me know if you need anything changed.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    yeah the problem is getting the HTML into the PDF. The best program for creating PDFs is to first make a postscript of the file (you can do this under print setup) and then distilling (Adobe Distiller) that postscript into a PDF.

How complex is the order form? I mean just recreate it in Word and then you can save automatically as a PDF...or you could use an Adobe Design program, save directly as a PDF or postscript to PDF it. Or (and this would be a much bigger file) you could do it in Photoshop and save as a photoshop PDF for Web.

ssb
    No .pdf in Word when I go to 'save as'

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBlue

Excel would work much better, since PDF is WYSIWYG with what would be printed.
    I've redone it on Excel. How do I go about saving as .pdf?