Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Star Wars Episode II thread - (back from the theaters!)

1. Star Wars Episode II -back from the theaters!

Two things to get off my chest: Damned good movie!

And...

Yoda is the fuckin' SHIT!! Do you hear me? The FUCKIN' SHIT!!

Also, Matrix Reloaded trailer!

[EDIT] Alright, now that I'm simmered down a bit from that slick-ass battle, I think I can type a bit straighter now. Err... you know what I mean.

In any case, this portion is spoiler-free, for those of you who haven't seen it.

Love scenes suck ass. Anakin can't do emotions besides passive very well, his anger looks like a child's tantrum and his smile looks a creepy look from a dirty old man (watch his face during the scene where Padme packs her stuff). He frightens me, but not in an evil way, more in a "please stay away from my children" sort of way. I also agree with CNN when during one scene where he tries to show feeling he comes off more as he's about to break out into song.

The CGI creatures unfortunately best all the human actors in terms of acting, as many of them have far more individuality and personality then the majority of the main cast combined. Kind of a shame, but it does help for a few scenes with Yoda to truly shine.

The action scenes, however, are a work of art. Here, the movie shines like a beacon at night, creating huge sweeping battle scenes that are a sight to behold and almost overpowering to take in. Great friggin' stuff.

This movie (thankfully) whoops the crap out of Phantom Menace (like it should). Painful acting still abound, it's still thankfully minimized by just about the entire cast except Anakin. Funnily enough, the love scenes in this movie kept reminding me of the pain I went through listening to Tidus and Yuna talk in FFX (the laughing scene would have fit horribly perfect in Episode II). Shame it was so strained and contrived. And, of course, this trilogy is acting just the first (second?) one in terms of pacing. We had our throwaway action movie, and we now have our more fleshed-out intro into part three. Bring it.

2. Star Wars EPisode 2

all i can say is WOW

i was damn damn damn impressed with it

3. The acting is indeed terrible, and the corny dialog didn't help at all. I thought it was a horrible movie till the last 40 min or so, which are all action and turn out pretty good. The love scenes should be taken out, Anakin acts so juvenile in them, and his pickup lines are duds. Basically he is a whiny little bitch and there is no good reason at all for Amidala to like him, It's rediculous. In one scene it seemed like he was about to rape her, and she's suposed to fall in love with this guy? Instead of the tragic hero he should be, the character was purely unlikable. One moment i couldn't help but laugh at was when he finds his mom in a certain dire situation and the first thing she says is how handsome he is. There are stupid things like this all over the place.

Another major script problem was its forced explanations. I guess you can blame this on George making it a "children's movie", but it treats the audience like retards. Some of us can tell what's going on by looking at the screen, we don't need to be told every little thing. Oh, and there is no blood, even when heads and assorted limbs are severed.

The assorted plusses:
    + YODA!
    + Natalie and her sexy outfits (must have been chilly)
    + Ewan MacGregor not being a sucky actor (he's about the only one)
    + Jengo and Boba Fett, in particular one certain GREAT scene with Boba
    + the clone army, they are just cool

It's definatly worth seeing, it is Star Wars after all. But like the first one, the star wars mythos would have been better off without it.

-stormy

4. + Natalie and her sexy outfits (must have been chilly)
    You're telling me! One of the people I was with said he almost burst out with "Nipples!" during that great scene.

As for no blood, most of the damage is done by lightsabers, which seal the wound as it's performed (burning), so no blood makes perfect sense.

[EDIT]Who noticed the pod-racing videogame? That made me smile.

5. Well, I willl be seeing it this Saturday. I hope it will amaze me as well. Its better not dissapoint!!!

6. Well, How was the picture quality on the regular screen. I heard its little on blurry side, when not used on digital projector?

Also does it have another Darth, or its only Duku who they fight?

7. I loved it.

Off to see it again now to see what I missed.

8. So I guess all the critics are wrong again...for some reason, they hate Lucas films with a passion.

I just hope the acting is better this time...did Anakin's character get less annoying?

9. Originally posted by spartan300
    So I guess all the critics are wrong again...for some reason, they hate Lucas films with a passion.

Did AOTC get that many bad reviews?

Oh well, I'm off to see it this afternoon- most of my office took 1/2 days today.

10. I didn't get to see it in the digital theatre, so I have to go back todday or tomorrow, but I really liked what I saw.