Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3567

Thread: Official Star Wars Episode II thread - (back from the theaters!)

1. Originally posted by andyrose
    Just when I thought George Lucas couldn't make the series any dumber, he goes and does something like this....

.....and TOTALLY REDEEMS HIMSELF!

It was AWESOMELY AND SPANKALICIOUSLY SPECTACULAR!

I'm not going to spoil it for any of you that haven't watched it yet, but I will say that George Lucas has redeemed himself to me after the Episode I fiasco.

This movie, along with Lord of the Rings, will be immediately purchased on DVD by myself the day each is released.

Damn, I wish I had gone to see this movie 3 times, and not Spiderman.

omg TNL epics!

2. Saw it last night. And without going into it to deep, I liked it. Fits nicely into the grand scheme of the complete story.

I thought it was a little too long though. Better than being too short, I guess.

zidane747 Guest
    I just saw AOTC yesterday, and I must tell you, this movie kicked f***ing ass baby!!! It was as good as TPM, and the final battle with Yoda/Dooku was amazing. I was in tears when he pulled out his lightsaber. Goddamn, he was all over Dooku, wasn't he?! Great refrences to the OT(Obi-Wan: Anakin, why do I feel you'll be the death of me? - C-3Po: I've never flown before). I noticed them all. God I love being hardcore.

*C3PO gets his head pulled off by R2D2, and is dragged across the sand*

"This is such a drag...."

"....I think I soiled myself!"

Had me rolling.
    This is about where I fell asleep. Such horrible attempts at jokes, as was the whole C3P0 losing his head to begin with. I almost hope they do make an Episodes 7-9, so long as C3P0 blows up at one point of time.

5. Why must everyone keep bashing the acting in ep. 4-6 to justify ep. 2? Really, the acting is far worse in the prequels. At no point in the originals did it become an issue where you became completely removed from a scene because of a character's acting ability. It happens all the time in Attack of the Clones, examples are unecessary. Hayden Christiansen carries the torch of Jake Lloyd proudly in this one, who would have thought Lucas could find an actor worse than a bad 10 year old? I would have thought it impossible.

-stormy

zidane747 Guest
    I thought that Hayden did a wonderful job as Anakin. I really felt the emotion that he was trying to convey, helped by GL's fine script. It'll be amazing to see his character develop in Ep. III.

Hayden Christiansen carries the torch of Jake Lloyd proudly in this one, who would have thought Lucas could find an actor worse than a bad 10 year old? I would have thought it impossible.
    Right on. People bitched about episode 1 having a terrible 10 year old actor in it, and now here I am bitching that episode 2 has a terrible 10 year old actor in it again.

8. I just remembered something, one of the things I felt was really missing from Episode I and II that would have taken it to a whole new level and helped it work with the other Star Wars: good humour. Episode I was filled with slapstick kiddy humour, which appeared here and there during IV-VI, but was never dominant in those and reigned supreme in Episode I. Episode II tried to be very serious, but didn't have the script or actors (or maybe acting directors, as some have suggested) to pull it off. (And I'm not refering to C3PO's horrid puns, which were very forced, and the entire situation of him as a droid fighter was the most forced thing since the last time Anakin talked. Why did his body walk into the line and wait for a head? That made no sense whatsoever!)

My main question was what happened to the humour in every situation? Where's Lando always appearing to have everything in hand, but finding out everyone knows he's being screwed over except him? Where's Han Solo's ship breaking down everytime they need to escape? Where's Princess Leia complaining about the people rescueing her? Where's Han thinking he's the man chasing a couple Stormtroopers and then accidently running into an entire squad of them? Where's the wonderfully integrated, more adult-aimed humour that used to be so prevalant?

However, Obi-Wan in Episode II showed a gleam of hope, most notably, a gleam of Han Solo. When he goes to the bar, tells Anakin he's going to order a drink (that line was great), and had a Jedi Mind Trick conversation with a guy at the bar was perfect. Obi-Wan was one of the few in the movie to try at decent humour and usually succeeded. He was the only non-CG character (Dex and Yoda [yes, I'm refering to besides the fight scene] being the good CG characters) that showed some spark of what once was. Maybe because he's pratically the only one trying to channel another actor (though like I said, he seems to be more Han Solo then Obi-Wan, but it works considering his age), but we need more of this in Episode III.

9. "I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee!"

No underlyingly humorous one liners as seen in the original, either...

10. They were funny, but too forced to really come off well.