Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: What OTHER ANIME should I be watching?

1. What OTHER ANIME should I be watching?

Currently watching fansubs of:

Monster
    Shadowskill(new tv series)
    Wild Striker(the tv series)

The last one(wild striker) is fun to watch imo if you don't take it too seriously. Is it worthwhile to watch the DVD version?

EDIT: I am also watching Naruto and Samurai champloo 11.

EDIT 2: ANIME DAMMIT! What a nice wayt to start a thread.
    Last edited by Damian79; 20 Aug 2004 at 02:44 AM.

2. What are you looking for primarily, new fansubbed stuff or domestically released stuff? I can't help you with the former, but as for the latter, I'd wholeheartedly recommend tracking down Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV series, Boogiepop Phantom, and Escaflowne.

I've been wanting to start Fighting Spirit . I've heard a lot of good stuff about it.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Bacon McShig
    What are you looking for primarily, new fansubbed stuff or domestically released stuff? I can't help you with the former, but as for the latter, I'd wholeheartedly recommend tracking down Irresponsible Captain Tylor TV series, Boogiepop Phantom, and Escaflowne.
    What is boogiepop phantom about?

5. Watch Ragnarok, and Tenjou Tenge.

Also, you might want to try Scryed, Planetes (it'll be available in the US soon), & Figure 17.
    Taking it one day at a time.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Damian79
    What is boogiepop phantom about?
    A series of crazy shit happening between characters after a crazy shaft of light appears in the sky. It's great, especially if you can find that awesome box at Best Buy. Good luck now, though.

You should all be watching Rune Soldier, by the way. It's excellent.
    Otherwise, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure makes for a great, quirky action show.
    If you're in the mood for something crazy, try the Super Milk-Chan show. Just don't watch the original Japanese episoedes. The original subs and dub is terrible. The reworked, American "movie" that comes with it is MUCH better. Funny shit.

8. You should be watching the second series of Lupin the Third, airing on Adult Swim and available through Pioneer/Geneon on DVD. Great group of characters, good voice actors, acceptable dubbing. Funny stuff, quick action, a bit of romance, just great stuff.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

9. SURPRISE!

I never saw it coming, like the diamond cutter.