Thread: XBox Memory Question

1. XBox Memory Question

Here's the deal:

My brother is leaving for school, and is taking his XBox. I'm getting my own, but tried using a memory card in the meantime to get my saved games from him. Unfortunately, KotR is a 1600 block game, and the XB cards are only 500.

So...I was wondering if there's a way to get save files from one XBox to another, via a LAN link, or direct system to system approach. What kind of cables would you use, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

2. I'd assume you could setup a LAN and transfer data over *if* the system was modded, but I'm unsure if that's doable on a stock model. Alternatively, you might try networking up to your PC, mapping drive letters to it and using the PC has a temporary storage device...

3. ya you're SOL unless you're xboxs are modded. and you can just forget all about your Ninja Gaiden save.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Error
    ya you're SOL unless you're xboxs are modded. and you can just forget all about your Ninja Gaiden save.
    Actually, if you have the PSO USB Keyboard adapter and a decent sized USB memory stick, you might be able to transfer between the units that way.

edit: Assuming you have an Xbox USB adapter and a USB memory stick, you'll need to (a) make sure you have no data on the memory stick. (b) open the Xbox Dashboard, go to the memory menu, insert the USB stick, and you'll be asked to format the stick. Do so.
    Go to this page to see if your memory stick is compatible with the Xbox memory manager:
    http://unmodded.mine.nu/docs/XboxUsbCompatibilityList
    Last edited by Wolffen; 23 Aug 2004 at 08:37 AM.
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

5. I'm pretty sure you can transfer the data to a PC, and back to the new one. You might need it modded though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    Or perhaps he's a gay stalker, and longs to rub your used toilet paper all over his nipples.

6. Why don't you give him your Xbox and keep his?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

7. i think you can run slayers installer without a modchip and set up an ftp that way.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Wolffen
    Actually, if you have the PSO USB Keyboard adapter and a decent sized USB memory stick, you might be able to transfer between the units that way.

edit: Assuming you have an Xbox USB adapter and a USB memory stick, you'll need to (a) make sure you have no data on the memory stick. (b) open the Xbox Dashboard, go to the memory menu, insert the USB stick, and you'll be asked to format the stick. Do so.
    Go to this page to see if your memory stick is compatible with the Xbox memory manager:
    http://unmodded.mine.nu/docs/XboxUsbCompatibilityList
    That is cool, I will have to try that myself since I was in the market to get a USB memory stick anyway and have the USB adapter for my XBOX. Thanks for the info Wolffen ^..^

9. so how would you set up an XBox to network with a PC? That seems the cheapest solution - I already use XBL over a shared network as it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

10. use an ftp client like flashfxp. just put in the ip of the xbox (which evox will give you when you use slayers auto installer) and you're good to go. if you install evox you can set the ip addy and make it static.