Thread: Hell - New Van Damm - Ringo Lam film

1. Hell - New Van Damm - Ringo Lam film

Here is the news for Nash, and other Van Damm fans on these boards.

VD and Ringo Lam team up once again for another film - Hell. It was just announced at Cannes film festival. They currently finishing up another project Monk.

Check out this link for some more details: http://pub65.ezboard.com/fmightypeki...icID=495.topic

2. wow, this is great news. i always say, "you can never have enough van dammage."

so do you know anything else about this movie, despair? like what the story is, and when it's coming out? i went to internet movie data base, and there's nothing on it yet.

anyway, i hope "derailed" doesn't get put off for this one, though. i'm really looking forward to it. van damme in a train kicking terrorist ass. okay, so he's ripping off seagal, but it's van damme!

3. Originally posted by Nash
    "you can never have enough van dammage."
    I'm with you there bro.

Hey Despair, I heard Monk was supposed to have Jet Li in it. Any truth to that?

4. Originally posted by APC

I'm with you there bro.

Hey Despair, I heard Monk was supposed to have Jet Li in it. Any truth to that?
    van damme and jet li in the same movie? sounds too good to be true, so i doubt it.

oh, and cool to see another van damme fan here.

5. I think you mistake it for Jet Lis Monk in New York, which he was planning on starring sometime ago, but since then was put on hold. He still wants to make it though.

Yeah, I'm interested in Derailed as well. But I dont know much about it. Need to do some research.

As for Hell, Its a news to me as well. Just found out about it this morning on another board, so posted the info here

Will try to look for info on it as well.

I kinda hope it makes it to the big screen, though from Van Damme's recent track record I'd be surprised.

Korian

7. ...

I have heard horror stories about HK directors working with Van Damme, but Lam must enjoy it as that will make 4 films together. I think Van Damme is decent and the films they did together are good. Replicant was a nice surprise, though they are no where near the level of Lam's HK films.

I recommend the film Victim by Lam if you haven't seen it. It stars actor Lau Ching Wan (a major HK actor). It's a spooky film...really good.

Also Burning Paradise-- a gritty martial arts film about hero Fong Sai Yuk (Jet Li played him in a couple movies)...
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

8. Well, I looked around, but couldnt find out much about Hell yet.

Burning Paradise is pretty cool martial arts film. Its more dark and violent than other Fong Say Yuk films, and has some great acton, both hand combat and swordfighting. Quite bloody too, but I'm not sure if its available on DVD yet.