Page 1 of 13 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Sakura Taisen V

1. Sakura Taisen V

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/...0040825/s5.htm

Sega announced the cast of Sakura Taisen 5 today:

Gemini Sunrise
    VA: Kobayashi Sanae
    Heroine of ST5 Episode 0, cowgirl from Texas.

Sajita Weinberg
    VA: Minagawa Junko
    Born in New York, went to law school in Harlem. Cool on the surface and keeps her emotions hidden. Looks to be the Maria type.

Riquetta Aries(?)
    VA: Saitou Ayaka
    Kid from Mexico who loves to sing and dance and also loves sweets.

Diana Caprice
    VA: Matsutani Kaya
    Born in Massachusetts, a kind and elegant girl, studied medicine at Boston University. Likes to read and feed birds in Central Park, granddaughter of English immigrants.

Kujyou Subaru
    VA: Sonozaki Mie
    Born to the Kujyou family in Kyoto, not much else is known about her. Assigned from the European Hoshigumi along with Ratchette. Crushes her enemies completely in battle.

Taiga Shinjirou
    VA: Suganuma Hisayoshi
    Nephew of Oogami, typical strong-willed samurai type hero.

Current game status is 30% complete, will have a playable version by the next TGS. Also announced was ST3 for PS2 in 2005 and some secret Koubu for ST5 Ep0. Check out the article for some cool pics of the characters and voice cast of all three groups.

Edit: Added Voice Actor names (thanks to Emily from the STML).
    Last edited by Yamcha; 25 Aug 2004 at 02:30 PM.

Thanks for the pics.

The game's being released on Sept 22nd and it's 30% complete?

3. Quote Originally Posted by dog$
    Thanks for the pics.

The game's being released on Sept 22nd and it's 30% complete?
    STV: Episode 0 comes out on Sept22. Apparently this is different. IT's the real ST5 or something. Episode 0 is a western set in Texas, and this one is set in New York. Comes out Summer 2005.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 25 Aug 2004 at 02:31 PM.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Yamcha
    Also announced was ST3 for PS2 in 2005
    Wow, that's the game I'd like to play in English...
    I hope ST5 turns out to be just as good.

5. hrm, after symphonia and this, i'm wondering if fujishima is trending downwards after all. i'm not so crazy about these designs, at least based on the initial artwork.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ferricide
    hrm, after symphonia and this, i'm wondering if fujishima is trending downwards after all. i'm not so crazy about these designs, at least based on the initial artwork.
    Feel exactly the same way, though I don't think Fujishima designed these. They don't look like his style and he only designed the characters for the original Sakura Taisen, which were changed in the remake anyway. They look way too young for my tastes. Are they aiming this game at kids or something?

I'd rather play ST3 yet again.
    "I've watched while the maggots have defiled the earth. They have
    built their castles and had their wars. I cannot stand by idly any longer." - Otogi 2

7. Okay. First, I don't think you should criticize the artwork unless you could do better. Second, I agree that Fujishima's style seems to have evolved in the past few years. If you compare Sakura Taisen 1, to ST3, to ST4, to ST1 remake, to Tales of Symphonia, you'll see a natural progression. Is it becoming worse or more childish? US gamers don't think so. Tales of Symphonia appears to be the most popular game on GCN since Mario Kart last winter, in a large part thanks to Fujishima's contribution. I also find it difficult to understand how ToS's or STV Episode0's opening videos could be thought as anything but beautiful. I'll take Fujishima over Gust's straightedge-loving artist anyday.
    Last edited by RedCoKid; 26 Aug 2004 at 10:59 AM.

8. Tales of Symphonia appears to be the most popular game on GCN since Mario Kart last winter, in a large part thanks to Fujishima's contribution.
    Are you sure about that? Because I would say its because the GameCube fan base is so starved for an RPG...

9. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Are you sure about that? Because I would say its because the GameCube fan base is so starved for an RPG...
    I don't think people buy Gamecubes to play RPGs. If you own a GCN and like RPGs, chances are you also own a PS2.

10. Okay. First, I don't think you should criticize the artwork unless you could do better.
    This is a stupid argument. If people don't like something, they can criticize it. You don't have to be a master of the craft to earn the right to not like a design.

That said, I like 'em, though not overwhelmingly so. Most are a bit standard, but I think that's better than everyone being complex and outlandish.