Thread: Gunbuster R2 remastered / Gunbuster R3 release [w/ English subs]

1. Yield Gunbuster R2 remastered / Gunbuster R3 release [w/ English subs]

Gunbuster remastered release on R2: Here.

+ Remastered.
    + Four discs: [2 eps. x 3 discs, one disc with bonus materials.]
    - Japanese only.
    - $100.

Or...

Gunbuster [not remastered] release on R3: Here.

+ English-goddamn-subtitles. Screw Manga.
    + Less than $50 with coupon code "SFC2004Q3" & free shipping at Yesasia.
    - Not remastered.
    - No extras.

If anyone has any info. on the quality of the English subtitle job, please share. I can't hold my breath for Manga any longer.

2. A little off topic, but did you hear about the Gunbuster sequal being planned by Gainax? Here's some info:
    Gainax Officially Confirms Sequel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    According to Moon Phase, Gainax officially announced details about the upcoming production of Gunbuster 2 at yesterday's Gainax Festival 20th Anniversary press conference.

According to Moonphase the following voice actors will have roles in Gunbuster 2:

Yukari Fukui will play Nono;
    Maaya Sakamoto will play Raruku;
    Miyuki Sawashiro will play Chiko;
    Mitsuo Iwata will play Nicola;
    and Takumi Yamazaki will play the new Coach.

Serious indication that Gainax was planning a sequel to Gunbuster, along with a sequel to The Wings of Honneamise, came out at the 40th Annual Japanese Science Fiction Convention in August 2002. There has yet to be any official confirmation of the Honneamise sequel.

3. animeondvd.com is claiming that the Korean R3 IS remastered:

"Gunbuster Remastered (02:55 PM EDT): While the classic Gainax series Gunbuster is enjoying a remastered release in Japan and the beautiful new statue just came out and started shipping to folks, the Korean release of the remastered version by Nova Media has hit a few online shops, including YesAsia, where that set includes English subtitles. As no region 1 release appears to be coming for quite some time, this is a great alternative for those with region 3 capable players."

What's up?

4. Hmm... I just may have to get that R3. To this day, I still love Gunbuster.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. More news from animeondvd.com...

"Gunbuster update (10:46 PM EDT): Some unfortunate news has filtered in as the Gunbuster set we mentioned earlier today has started to show up at some retailers. While the cover information does say that the set has English subtitles, at least one retailer has popped open the set themselves and confirmed that it does not have English subtitles."