Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The cruelest and bloodiest war movie of all time

1. The cruelest and bloodiest war movie of all time

I have an opinion that Apocalypse Redux by Francis Ford Coppola is the cruelest and bloodiest war movie of all time, but very realystic! It reveals a true face of an Vietnam war, but that’s not all it also reveals what fucked up war trully Vietnam was!
    Apsolutely the best scene in the movie is the bombing attack with hundreds of chopers on some shiti vietnam village with realy great backround music.
    ***Charlie don’t surf***
    On the other side movies like ''A bridge too far'' or ''Saving private Ryan'' are a total unrealistic but they are showing a lot of good action and courage!I don’t rate them as so special because in both films german soldiers realy can't compare with british or american, they seem like a very stupid and they are dieing in every step. By this i'm not underrating U.S or British soldiers, i'm just making the statement that Nazi's was a powerfull soldiers also!
    I think that an Red Russian armies was those who made the final move on Zi Germans. If Hitler hadn’t attacked Soviets we would live in a very different world, beleve me!
    One of the newest wwII movie besides, Saving private Ryan, i like is An enemy at the gates, it is realy exciting imagining your self shoting down all those German soldiers with a sniper like Vasiliy Zaicev (main caracter in movie). This movie too has a lot of blood and nasty actions like that when Russian officers are shoting their own soldiuers who are deserting from battle place or that when Vasiliy is swiming in a fontain full of dead soldiers. In that movie Germans wasn’t so stupid they was realy close to the victory!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sniper USA in Vietnam.jpg 
Views:	693 
Size:	122.8 KB 
ID:	11603   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Landser.jpg 
Views:	267 
Size:	17.9 KB 
ID:	11604   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Iskrcavanje.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	11605  
    Last edited by Bullit13; 01 Sep 2004 at 01:45 PM.
    Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava

Quote Originally Posted by Bullit13
    On the other side movies like ''A bridge too far'' or ''Saving private Ryan'' are a total unrealistic but they are showing a lot of good action and courage!I don’t rate them as so special because in both films german soldiers realy can't compare with british or american, they seem like a very stupid and they are dieing in every step. By this i'm not underrating U.S or British soldiers, i'm just making the statement that Nazi's was a powerfull soldiers also!
    Hey, remember that part at the beginning of Saving Private Ryan where a ton of American soldiers got killed? Hey, remember that part at the end where one of the main characters got killed? Hey remember how the Germans actually lost that war?

Apocalypse Now is a great movie. Certainly a better film than Saving Private Ryan in my opinion. But not because one was more or less bloody or realistic than the other. For the record Saving Private Ryan is more bloody than Apocalypse Now. Apocalype Now Redux is just not the way to go with this movie to me. The reinstated parts are long and laborious distractions from a film that already teetered on the edge of having major pacing issues. It's interesting and in the end doesn't ruin the movie really, but the shorter version has much better focus, always pushing forward, and I think is the way it should be watched. I think Saving Private Ryan is too schmaltzy and sentimental; I always feel like things have a bigger impact when I feel it directly from the action and not when I'm coerced or manipulated into feeling it by a long, long, silent shot of the American flag blowing in the breeze or whatnot, which SPR was guilty of over and over again. It's a good movie, but not great.

I think Black Hawk Down was bloodier than Saving Private Ryan. I also think it's a better movie than SPR.

3. Yes, Black hawk down was nice movie, but not quite true. In the begining of the movie US army is represented as a piecemakers, well you tell me how can you maintain piece in some country by killing thousands of men in it! Think about it!

Why you think BHD is bloodiest movie than Apocalypse Redux, when in that movie you can see some soldiers surfing on the cost of some bay, while others are slaying VC's?

Say what about a war classics aren't you thinking they are more realistic or not?
    Samo Sloga Srbina Spasava

4. You think apocalypse now is realistic? How is that even possile when it is by far the most stylastic war movie ever. That is why I like it, but it isnt how things really were.

PS - Bloodiest means that lots of people are being killed and blood is being shown. the opening scene in SPR has more death and blood then the entire legnth of AN.

PPS - Youre an idiot.
    your mom

5. Dreamcast

Quote Originally Posted by Mman
    You think apocalypse now is realistic? How is that even possile when it is by far the most stylastic war movie ever.
    I believe this news.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mman

PPS - Youre an idiot.
    Oh yeah. I forgot to mention this.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Bullit13
    Yes, Black hawk down was nice movie, but not quite true. In the begining of the movie US army is represented as a piecemakers, well you tell me how can you maintain piece in some country by killing thousands of men in it! Think about it!
    How does that make it less real, especially considering that's how they try to portray themselves in real life? The US Army doesn't walk around saying "We are walking death and you will die in our wake," to people hanging around the streets.
    Say what about a war classics aren't you thinking they are more realistic or not?
    The hell? Does that actually say anything coherent?

8. Quote Originally Posted by Bullit13
    Yes, Black hawk down was nice movie, but not quite true. In the begining of the movie US army is represented as a piecemakers, well you tell me how can you maintain piece in some country by killing thousands of men in it! Think about it!

Why you think BHD is bloodiest movie than Apocalypse Redux, when in that movie you can see some soldiers surfing on the cost of some bay, while others are slaying VC's?

The US Army were there as peacemakers, the leader of Mogidishu was starving thousands of people and if all those crazy idiots hadn't fired on them then those US Army soldiers wouldn't have had to kill thousands of people that they were just trying to give food to would they? Sometimes killing and violence is needed for peace in the bigger picture, sad but that's how it is. I thought BHD was a very realistic movie in terms of potraying the real event.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

9. Dreamcast

Read Black Hawk Down.

That is all.
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

10. The only unrealistic thing about the movie Black Hawk Down is the Ewan McGregor character, Grimes, which is, in essence, an amalgom of 2 characters from the book renamed.

Apart from that and the lack of Seals/Night Fighting/Delta Deaths, it is as real as it gets.