Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Service Pack 2

1. Read the thread I'm about to make for my impressions of this shit...

2. No problems with SP2 so far. Everything runs smoothly.

3. I downloaded it a few days ago, and it completely borked my wireless connection. After about an hour of messing with it, I rolled back to SP1.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Schlep
    borked
    Sorry, but I love that word. Hehe.

5. A huge piece of CRAP. Breaks Premiere 6.5, among other things like an annoying firewall which the pros say don't do shit, you have to disable it in many places. Programs run slower(has been tested). I wiped the drive and am using Windows 2000 SP4. I used a clean install of Win XP Pro SP2 intergrated.
    I don't know how to get rid of the huge space here.

6. I think there are problems with Adobe PDF reader and PDFs created under an SP2 machine with pages not getting displayed. I've been looking into this but have no solid facts so far, just problems that I and a co-worker experienced.

7. Quote Originally Posted by kabuki
    I think there are problems with Adobe PDF reader and PDFs created under an SP2 machine with pages not getting displayed. I've been looking into this but have no solid facts so far, just problems that I and a co-worker experienced.

You might be on to something. I never had problems with Online "PDF" files. But recently I can view them and as soon as press the "Back" button or close the Window my Netscape crashes.

8. I think the whole online PDF problem is an issue with Acrobat Reader 6.x, but again, I'm not positive.

EDIT: I get online PDF issues with FireFox and Acrobat 5.x, so...

Damn PDFs.