Thread: ACE: Another Century's Episode

1. ACE: Another Century's Episode

Quote Originally Posted by The Magic Box
    - From Software and Banpresto announced they are co-developing a new mech combat action game for PS2 called ACE: Another Century's Episode, which feature over 40 playable mechs from more than 10 anime series, include Gundam Z, Aura Battler Dunbine, Heavy Metal L-Gaim, Blue Comet SPT Layzner and many more. The game style will be similar to the Armored Core series. The game is scheduled for a January 2005 release.
    This sounds like Super Robot Wars with actual fighting. I could never get into those games on emulation, though. Too slow, and the language barrier on strat games is too high for me.
    This sounds more like my speed.
    The only thing this needs are some better series of mechs... Gundam... overused.
    We need us an Aestavalis, an Eva, Mazinger, Getter Robo, Big O... something like that.
    I'm quite excited.

2. We need us an Aestavalis, an Eva, Mazinger, Getter Robo, Big O... something like that.
    No we don't. Dunbine and L-Gaim are enough. From the series that are listed it looks like they're avoiding Super Robots.

I hope it turns out to be a good game.

3. I hate the Armored Core series, but if you can play as Dunbine, I'm excited.

4. Super robots so wouldn't work for this. You know what super robots would go well with? 2D fighting game. Seriously.

Anyway, this LOOKS classy, and for some reason recent anime-licensed games have actually been okay, so this might be worth a shot. I'll wait for word from the sucker who buys it first, though.
    Subatomic Brainfreeze, Licensed Professional