Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AMD 64 graphics card suggestions

1. I didn't get that paste (Artic I think is the most recommended...can't recall for sure) when I built mine, and I wish I did. AMD's are notorious for running hot and if you use the stock fan/heatsink, definatly get it. I had to replace the heatsink and fan because the stock one sucked donkeys. And you really only want to put that fan on there once, it was an absolute bitch to get the old one off.

2. on the xp's i agree. the hs's can be a real pain. but the 64's are a lot like the p4's and are pretty simple to put on. no more screwdriver using insane amounts of tourque.

3. ok thanks
    im glad the 64 heatsinks are easier, the xp one is a nuisance
    dragonmaster mentioned the nvidia 6600gt graphics card, which sounds tempting at the same price as the radeon 9800 pro
    does anyone know the release of this in europe? or have any general idea, whether itll be in the next month, 3 months, or year even?

4. the us release is listed as "soon" which im assuming will definately be under 3 months. probably more likely at the end of this month. tho things can always change.