Page 1 of 80 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Venture Brothers

1. The Venture Brothers

I'm becoming a fan on CN new show and I thought we need a thread devoted to it. We talked about it in another thread (kind of hijacked it really) so I know there is interest for a few people. I can't recall what thread that's in...if someone could find it, can a mod split that talk into here? We had some good first impressions, it'd be nice if we could keep this all together.

This weeks episode was pretty good, as for a change the whole show took place in the Venture base. I really like the characters, especially Dean and Hank Venture. They look to be about what, 12 years old? And being raised by just Doc and Brock makes them pretty nieve about everything. They have some of the best lines, like with Dean in this episode talking to the new girl (his now crush).

Pumpkin (the girls nickname) is eating breakfast with Dean when this conversation happens.

P: Who's that big guy that always washes his car in front of your place?
    D: That's Brock. He's my dads bodyguard. He's really tough. One time I saw him kill a man with a sock full of party snaps!
    P: Really? Did the guys head explode?
    D: (pauses) Yeah...

The delivery is just great in this show. You really have to see it to understand how the characters interract and how the jokes are set up. Lots of adult humor and some great voice acting and a cool art style make this one a new favorite of mine. Any other fans?
    Last edited by Rumpy; 05 Sep 2004 at 11:34 AM.

2. This is my favorite show on Cartoon Network at the moment. I love the characters and the dialogue is hilarious. I haven't seen last night's episode, but last week's was amazing.

My favorite, so far, is the one where they have to go up to the space station and fix the "problem" on it. Non-stop laughs throughout.

3. Shameless parody of Johnny Quest, and yet I still love it.

That scene where Brock is fighting the cowboy with the flamethrower on the back of a dinosaur and tosses a ninja into the dino's gaping maw was fantastic.
    Time for a change

4. I loved the very end of last night’s episode (right after the credits)

Dr. Venture is knocking on the bathroom door, tells Dean to hurry up and gets disgusted at his answer. "But dad, I'm practicing being a boyfriend"

This series is really growing on me.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

5. Quote Originally Posted by Interpol
    I haven't seen last night's episode, but last week's was amazing.
    It's on again tonight...11:30 or 12:30 I think (pretty sure 11:30).

I love how Deans PJ's are Spider Man and Hanks are Aqua Man. I mean Aqua Man? Who the hell likes Aqua Man?!

6. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    I love how Deans PJ's are Spider Man and Hanks are Aqua Man. I mean Aqua Man? Who the hell likes Aqua Man?!
    Complete with green underwear.....

I like the fact that Brock isnt just some badass, he actualy cares for the kids. He even likes them enough not to yell at em when they are complete idiots.

The new doctor Strange like charecter kicks ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I hear Balrog's moveset includes the Fried Chicken Right Cross, The Watermelon Wipeout Punch, and the Welfare Blaster.
    I SWEAR IF YOU BITCH ABOUT TWINSTICKS I WILL BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YOUR ASS

7. I'll see the new one tonight. The show rocks, and everything Brock does is golden.
    pwned by Ivan

8. Too bad whats-his-face has no character range. Brock is like his 5th voice over job and they all sound the same.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    Too bad whats-his-face has no character range. Brock is like his 5th voice over job and they all sound the same.
    I have said the same thing so many times before.

Patrick Wartburton:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0911320/

No matter what he does, be it live action or voice over, he uses the same exact monotone voice. And I'm tired of him, he joins James Flinders/Cam Clarke, and every one who isn't optimus prime or megatron from transformers energon/armada in the shitty voice actors club.

10. Funny thing is, his voice matches most of the characters he does. It's just that it's the same damn voice. He tried a little range with Family Guy though, but that was more like his "angry voice" and "depressed voice" kind of things. But, it really is the same.

You know he's one of the most succesful people from Seinfield since it ended. He keeps finding work that isn't a commercial.