Page 15 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1113141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: The Venture Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Sealab is so off and on for me. Sometimes they are really, really funny (God love Bizarro and Waking Quinn), but most of the time they are just blah to me. Out of the random comedy stuff, Aqua Teen is best (but is having too many iffy episodes lately), with Harvey second.
    I really haven't liked any of the episodes with Captain Shanks as much as the first few seasons, but tonight's episode was funnier than every other show on the AS block. Pleasant surprise. Even with the lame, stolen Sharko jokes.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. I'm not sure what is meant by "stolen" Sharko jokes.

And I've actually liked some of the Shanks episodes, to be honest. The one about his brothers was funny, and I like the one where Debbie gets married off to Hesh, simply for Hesh's parts.

Now that the show has lost Murphey, Marco, and soon will lose Hesh, though, series - turn the lights off and call it a night.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

Sharko, as noted in the bumps, was taken from a previous one-time only anime-talk show weird thing, and had the killer line "My father but his human penis in my mother's vagina." They just took the character and the joke from that and put it into sealab.

Get the song Perfect Hair Forever.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowutopia
    Sharko, as noted in the bumps, was taken from a previous one-time only anime-talk show weird thing, and had the killer line "My father but his human penis in my mother's vagina." They just took the character and the joke from that and put it into sealab.
    Uuuuuh... he was in that show as a PROMO for Sealab. It isn't like he was in there, and then the Sealab guys decided to use him in the show. The Sealab with him in it was created, and then they used him as one of the guests.

That'd be like saying that once the Squidbillies show starts, that they took that one squid character from that talk show thing.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

5. Wake Up!!!

I wasn't able to post in time for the first broadcast of but here's my redemption. Well, more of a rerun of a redemption.

"A Very Venture Christmas" is going to re-reair(since I couldn't report back for tonight's first airing) later tonight during AdultSwim's rebroadcast.

So check it.
    *edit* the time for the show is 3:15 ET. And it's only 15 min long, clearly. Heh, heh.

Also on the Venture fortier, show's creater, Jackson Publick, claims in his LiveJournal blog that he's thankful for all the support he's received on the Venture Bros., and will be sure to report any happenings on the shows pick up as it appears. Here's the LiveJournal link again.

http://www.livejournal.com/users/jacksonpublick/

*bookmarks*

Whew!, I hope this comes in time.

Seeing a new ep. of the crew, and hearing such possitive news on the shows renewal has replaced my faith in AdultSwim. I may start making time watch the program on a day-to-day basis like I used to.
    I'm goin' ramble, again.

Just make time for this evening's new(sort of new) show. There.
    Last edited by RyChus; 24 Dec 2004 at 02:05 AM.

6. I always forget when this airs now.

7. Yeah, I was really last minute with this update, so sorry all who missed it. But everyone didn't miss too much(it was just 1/4 of and hour, anyhow), just more of the abstract nature of the show shinning through, only with some seasonal cheer.

Brock dressed as Santa.
    The gay-albino guy tried to use the mistletoe-bit on Dr. Orpheus' daughter.

And....
    Dr. Venture gets molested by a mythical animal summond from the Dr. Orpheus' tome,... outside of that, a pretty average show.

Still, it's great to hear that Publick is going to keep his fans on tabs about the show though, and Venture seems to by getting a strong veiwer support though the reruns, so I'd say it's mission accomplished as far as a new season goes.

Our spastic raving has finally paid off, it seems.

8. There's a storm brewing outside and it was keeping me awake. I slunk around LiveJournal for a bit under my user, and this is what I found under my Friends page.
    It made me quite happy.

First, some new news.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackson Publick's LJ
    Comicon and on
    Today was Day 1 of production for the second season of The Venture Bros. It's been long in coming, but we're on our way. The design teams got their first script, made their first sketches, and everyone seems really up. Despite our lack of Wacom monitors (the distributors are a month behind in shipping them) and a suitable place to eat lunch (the "lunch room" has been co-opted as office space). Also turned the third script in today. A little yarn featuring the return of Molotov Cocktease and a little peek into Brock's former life. Doc and I have both been firing on all cylinders creatively--we've both been writing two scripts at a time--which has made writing a blast. Somehow there's less pressure this time around and we're actually a little bit ahead of ourselves, which is nice because when you're not banging your head against the wall wondering what the hell you're going to write about with a deadline looming, you get to finesse your scripts a little more; to go back and tweak things just the way you like 'em. It also helps production to know what's coming for them in a few weeks, the better to delegate their work--like when an episode that takes place in twenty different locations follows a show where the Ventures sit around the compound for 22 minutes, they can spread their work out a bit. We've also been doing some preliminary "re-designing" over the past few weeks--honing the character designs to be a bit more iconic and animation-friendly, improving the style of the backgrounds and giving more thought to where our beloved characters live and work, etc. It's been a lot of fun going back to all my original inspirations and re-researching architecture, art, movies, etc. the better to improve the overall look of our little television program. I really can't wait to get these shows made and on the air. We have an extremely talented, dedicated team of very fun people at every level of this production, and they're all working hard already to make it as good as possible. Next week we have our first recording session, so I'm looking forward to seeing James Urbaniak, Mike Sinterniklaas, T. Ryder Smith and Mia Barron again, as well as wasting hours of hard drive space when Doc starts riffing with the mic on.

Next week I'm also off to the San Diego Comicon. Doc, unfortunately, will not be joining me on this trip west after all. But I did find out today that I'm officially supposed to be on my ass behind the Adult Swim booth on Saturday, July 16th, from 11:30-1:00pm. So come say hi and stuff.

I'll leave you now with a peek at Brock Samson's head, as he will appear this season. He's essentially the same, but constructed and stylized a little better than last season...

JP

Now the image of Brock's head in question.

http://pics.livejournal.com/jacksonp.../pic/00004th1/

Then, some cool guy's decided to make a little gif out of that sketch in celebration.

So, yeah, good news all around.

Though, I kind of wished that Brook had kept his lastest hair style, the one at the close of the season. He didn't look so damn retro in it, and we already got 10+ episodes of him sporting it, so I liked the change. Dammit, I liked it, Jack.

I can't really think of much a reason behind bumping this thread, since its only when the production of the new season is underway. But, I'm just trying to ring in some good news, and to give a chance to folks that haven't caught up on the first season's episodes to politely do so before they get ship off for retail to a local Best Buy in the form of a CD.
    So make what you will of this news.

9. This new season can not get here fast enough.

The world needs more Brock.
    “The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, you know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.” -George Carlin

10. Excellent news. Now for the long, long, long, wait.