Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 1234616 ... LastLast

Thread: The Venture Brothers

1. All this Puddy-Hate makes me a sad panda.

2. Pandas suck ass too.

I'm just kidding, pandas are alright.

Dude, Patrick Warburton is like comedy genius. Leave him the hell alone.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

4. Seriously. He was The Tick! You cant top that.

5. Never said I didn't like him.

He's a no talent hack. Nah, I'm kidding, he's alright. Great dancer too.

6. I hate that I didn't keep the conversation rolling in the old thread that Rumpy mentioned on Venture Bros., but he was right by making a thread to it's name, so it all works out.

For me, the least impressive ep. was the binoic man rip-off. Still not terrible, but didn't have the since of impact the other eps. are known to leave. The ep. wallowed a liltte bit too much in its own weridness, and the sense of direction and cleverness was disarray.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    This weeks episode was pretty good, as for a change the whole show took place in the Venture base. I really like the characters, especially Dean and Hank Venture. They look to be about what, 12 years old? And being raised by just Doc and Brock makes them pretty nieve about everything. They have some of the best lines, like with Dean in this episode talking to the new girl (his now crush).
    As far as age, I'm willing to bet there at least in there teens, perphaps even around 15 to 18. They've just been really sheltered.
    Also that clip you mentioned is one of the preveiws that Adult Swim, itself, showcases. It can be found around here somewhere, and it's pretty much of the pace of the show falls itself in. Rapid fire sticks like that.
    *edit* They took the clip down and replaced it, so I didn't bother linking. I was too depressed. *sigh*

The art has gotten a big improve these few shows. It's stuff that really makes to show rewatchable, just to see what unique gesture a certain character made in a certain scene(yep, it's [i]that[i/] deep).

Quote Originally Posted by g0zen
    Shameless parody of Johnny Quest, and yet I still love it.

That scene where Brock is fighting the cowboy with the flamethrower on the back of a dinosaur and tosses a ninja into the dino's gaping maw was fantastic.
    'Shameless' seems like a tough word to use on this genre. Is Family Guy(a tired example to use, but hear me out) a shameless parody of [i]all[i/] family together-ness, 'getting-along-with-your-siblings' shows , or instead, does it use familar aspects and overall nature of such shows to create clever points of comedy that those that are keen enough to notice them will 'get it', in a sense.

..Yeah. But don't worry, the sentence that follows that makes you my new best friend.

7. lol, that is a pretty funny description.

8. this show is frickin hilarious, i wonder whats gonna happen tonight...
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.

9. Good question, and thanks for reminding me that it's on tonight.

10. No prob Protogenkiman at your service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Shake
    Look, Yes. I have banged hundreds of broads...internationally. But know this, I wrap my rascal 2 times. 'Cause I like it to be joyless and without sensation, as a way of punishing super-models.