Thread: Surefire way to save ASX streams?

1. Mad Surefire way to save ASX streams?

Japanese companies - because they are assholes - like to put up promo videos and commercials in streaming formats, because, you know, if somebody were to save a PROMOTIONAL VIDEO THAT WAS CREATED TO PROMO A PRODUCT OR SERVICE FOR SALE to their computer and redistribute it, the world would end.

Anyhow, I've got a program for OSX that can save ASX streams as regular Windows Media files, but the thing works off and on. Is there, maybe on Windows or something, a sure-fire method of saving ASX and other WMP stream files as full, non-streaming media files? (Or, hell, if there is a better method than ASFRecorderX on OSX, I'd love to hear that.)
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

2. An absolute surefire way is to hook your computer up to a VCR (granted you have a coax/rca/svideo output on your video card which most do these days.) Run the stream in fullscreen mode, tape it, then rip & re-encode that.

Or, if you want a software solution, http://emoney.al.ru/capture-streaming-video-and-audio/

3. try NetTransport, download manager; it's very cool, you can use it to save may stream formats...

cheers,
    M

I use "Easy Screen Capture Video"

It does just what it sounds like it does. No sound though...

Great for grabbing titties from AIM.