Thread: They are mine! (The Resin Thread)

1. They are mine! (The Resin Thread)

I'm just so super psyched about the 2 resin statues I got.

Today I was at a local comic shop when I saw them... The coolest resins I've ever seen. Am I in debt now? Yes. They had to be mine!

Up first: The full body Vash. Seriously. This is the best resin I've ever seen! It's freggin' insane!!! The detail, the glory! If you've seen it, you know what I'm talkin' bout'...

Second: The Rei Ayanami Spear of Longenus. There she stands, spear in hand, on Adam's dead corpse! Once again Kaiyodo has outdone themselves. This is pure art!

I wish I knew where I could find some pics of these to post (not that I even know how to post pics, but I'd find out for these...). If you know of what I speak, please find me 2 pictures of them to show the uninformed of the majesty of these statues.

So, does anyone else have any super-neat-o resins/cold-casts/plastics?

By all means, share...
    Boo, Hiss.

2. I got a couple Gundam HG modals I put back in the box. Same with my Eva figure. Go me!
    I've seen that Vash figure before, really nice.
    pwned by Ivan

3. Faye Valentine resin statue

nuff said

lee

4. So the quality of the Faye resin is good? I saw a few pictures of it, and the translation to statue didn't look too easy on the eyes. I've been looking for it to see if it holds true to the series in terms of how she is proportioned, and how the art 'really' looks.

Can you go into a little more detail for me?
    Boo, Hiss.

5. Hm... I have mostly action figures, though I do have a 1/6 Belldandy statue. Well, it says, "1/6 (Japanese text)" on the box, but then she'd stand a few inches shorter than 5' if it was 1/6...
    Also, I've been picking up some of the US-ver. of the Final Fantasy X statues. Sure, they're supposedly of lower quality than the Japanese versions, but I'm a poor college student and $30 a piece can't be beat. So far I have Rikku and Auron's in the mail.

6. I think its really similar to Faye

As close as can be expected when transferring a 2D character into 3 dimensions. Much like Kaiyodos Spike,Wolfwood or Monev the Gale action figures, they're not perfect replications...but they're pretty damned close.
    Im just more of a figure man, so the thought of assembly and paint job is kinda unappealing. Still the pics look f'n firebomber especially the little things like the bullet holes on the stairs, and uhh...her other features...an junk....
    (tries to block out abnormal thoughts)
    (just in case you can read minds)

7. I've got a Belldandy PVC figure as well. I also have a Motoko Kusanagi: Hard Disk resin statue, and (I believe) all of the original Toycom GitS action figures and their numerous variants. I've yet to start collecting the new ManMachine Interface figures.

I've a few unassembled resin statues as well: Lucia (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue), Mayumi Kino (Blue Submarine No. 6) and Mewtio (also BSno.6).

Not really worth mentioning, I also have a Jill Valentine vinyl statue.

Still forever on the lookout for this kit...

-Gon

My GF just got me the Tifa FFVII statue.

It's pretty nice.