Page 1 of 162 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

1. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

With the main page of GD littered with threads about Growlancer, Dreamcast, and Guardian Heroes, I thought we could all use news of a game that's both important and new.

We are pleased to announce that The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is currently in development for PC and future generation consoles. In development since 2002, Oblivion is another leap forward in role-playing with its combination of freeform gameplay and cutting-edge graphics. The world-exclusive details on Oblivion are featured in the October issue of Game Informer. Check out their mammoth 12-page cover story to get all the details and screenshots. (And yes, that's in-game art on the cover.)

The big news of course, is that we'll only have to wait until September 23rd to see GI's review of Mortal Kombat: Deception, as well as a full list of fatalities. Also big news, but not as big as MK, is that Oblivion is in Development for PC, Xbox 2 and even Playstation 3, with no mention of Revolution. Nintendo's losing console wars before they even start.

"I can only say that there is not a man living who wishes more sincerely than I do to see a plan adopted for the abolition of slavery." - Tommy Tallarico

2. The big news of course, is that we'll only have to wait until September 23rd to see GI's review of Mortal Kombat: Deception, as well as a full list of fatalities. Also big news, but not as big as MK, is that Oblivion is in Development for Xbox 2 and Playstation 3, with no mention of Revolution. Nintendo's losing console wars before they even start.
    This is great news in so many ways.

LOL Guest
    That would have totally been better if you hadn't said anything about Oblivion and instead just said "THEY HAVE AN MK: DECEPTION REVIEW!"

4. hot. maybe this one won't be set in morrowind. i miss the old daggerfall/arena locations, with the wildly differing climates (though bloodmoon was a step in the right direction.) too much grey and brown in the last game..

oh, and horses are back. nice.

LOL Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TNL
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.
    Obviously because of this breaking MK: Deception news.

6. Aw, crap. There goes another 100+ hours.

7. I can't wait for Oblivion. Morrowind with both expansions and some great mods (like better heads.. visual pack for way better textures..etc) made for some great gaming and its one of my favorite rpg's. Its great that they will put in horses and also that cover/game shot looks great.

I hope they learned from the development of Morrowind and improve combat and maybe put some variety in the dungeons in terms of layout and looks.

...and fuck Mortal Kombat. That along with Tomb Raider are franchises that should have ended years ago.

Cool news although I figured they would be spending all their development time doing that Fallout game first.

9. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater
    Cool news although I figured they would be spending all their development time doing that Fallout game first.
    Morrowind was an enormous hit on the XBox and PC. They probably expanded.

10. Um -- what Fallout game?