Thread: Metal Slug 3 AES on sale on ebay

1. Metal Slug 3 AES on sale on ebay

If anyone is interested in a brand-new copy of Metal Slug 3 for the AES (its better than the Xbox version, really), Im selling mine:

Check it out

2. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    If anyone is interested in a brand-new copy of Metal Slug 3 for the AES (its better than the Xbox version, really), Im selling mine:

Check it out
    It's kinda funny to think that, while that game only lasts about 30 minutes, there is a version available for Xbox, and it's in arcades as well, this version can sell for 280 dollars.

I'm not saying it's not worth it, I'm just saying it kind of makes you think.

3. $280 is just a lowball starting price, really. According to the neo-geo.com price guide, a low price for the game is $295, and a high price is $400+.

I really dont care what price I end up selling it at (this thing has been an albatross around my neck for 3 years), but really... well thats the economics of the Neo-Geo marketplace. I just play by the rules.

4. Should of started the auction off at $0.01-9.99 cuz if you know the price will go over $200, why pay more in listing fees? Plus starting it off at $280 will scare buyers away as opposed to $0.01-9.99. It costed you $3.60 to list as opposed to $0.30-0.35. Just a suggestion. Your feedback doesnt help either, so starting it off low would be a great thing to do.

5. Should of started the auction off at $0.01-9.99 cuz if you know the price will go over $200, why pay more in listing fees?
    I dont know that, though. I just dont know what will happen because Metal Slug 3 is on the Xbox and I cant really gauge demand for this title. I could've put in a reserve price but that would've cost extra money too. I see your point and Ill consider it for next time, though. ^_^

I realize my feedback doesnt help, either, but theres not a whole lot I can do about that. Im just a n00b.

6. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I realize my feedback doesnt help, either, but theres not a whole lot I can do about that. Im just a n00b.
    I wouldn't worry about your feedback, you may not have much but it's still all good. Besides, I bet someone from the boards is going to end up buying it anyway, and we all know you are not a theif.

7. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I dont know that, though. I just dont know what will happen because Metal Slug 3 is on the Xbox and I cant really gauge demand for this title. I could've put in a reserve price but that would've cost extra money too. I see your point and Ill consider it for next time, though. ^_^

Dont worry, we were all a noob one point in time. You can still change it if there is no bids on the item. (I would check but I'm at work on my laptop using 56gay..)

- Go to the auction
    - Click on "revise item"
    - Go down to the bottom and change the price of the auction or you can add in a reserve
    - Click OK or whatever button to confirm the change
    - Than click SUBMIT to change the auction price and to revise

I suggest putting the auction for $0.01 to attract bidders to your auction and put a reserve of what the lowest you'll sell it for. If you would like, put the reserve price listed in the auction so that people know. Some people dont want to let people know, but that also sometimes scares people away because they might think it is too high.

You'll probably get refunded the difference of the start price. Dont quote me on that. It would tell you (right above the SUBMIT button. thats where they show the price of listing/balance of eBay account). If you got any questions feel free to ask.

Here are some of my suggestions for the auction.

Title: NEW Neo Geo NeoGeo Metal Slug 3 III AES Game US American (this will expand the search field for when people look for the game)
    Price: Start if off low; put a reserve if you have to
    Incentives: Have a BUY IT NOW and state that if BIN is used, shipping is FREE or offer just offer FREE SHIPPING.
    Last edited by bandit; 12 Sep 2004 at 03:35 PM.

8. I dont think it would refund me the price, it would add another $3.50 for the reserve (I dont want to list it as cheap if I dont have a reserve). It doesnt list any refunds.

9. Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    I dont think it would refund me the price, it would add another $3.50 for the reserve (I dont want to list it as cheap if I dont have a reserve). It doesnt list any refunds.
    Hmm...it should. We'll since I dont have anything as expensive listed nor edited an auction lately, I cant really remember. Other auctions doesnt seem to be selling as well. Hopefully it sells first time around. If not, you can just relist the item from the original auction and hopefully sell it the second time and get the fee back for the second listing.

*EDIT*

Actually, I just edited my $2.00 auctions. Listing fee was $0.35. I changed it to $0.99 and I got refunded the $0.05.
    Last edited by bandit; 12 Sep 2004 at 11:49 PM.