Thread: Martian Successor Nadesico.... yeah, so?

1. Martian Successor Nadesico.... yeah, so?

As your local resident newbie, it's my job to introduce annoying threads that trail off after 6 posts. Here goes:

Fact: Since its release there, Martian Successor Nadesico has been called "The Greatest Anime Show of All Time" by the Japanese.

Well, this is America, and the only thing that matters is what we think.

So, do you agree with those Japs? And if not, what is your favorite anime?

*Personal Opinion: It's well done, it'll have your sides hurting, but the lackluster ending and the comical demeanor keep it from the upper pier that Neon Genesis Enagelion and Cowboy Bebop are in.*
    There is but one absolute truth...
    And it transcends all other truths...
    And that incomparable piece of wisdom is that...

I AM VOLTRON!!

2. Favorite anime? Well, I think there is a thread, or there was one back on the old boards. I couldn't pick a favorite movie (I'll just say Castle of Cagliostro for the hell of it), but I'd say Eva is my favorite series. I loved Nadesico, but it started to drag towards the end. The show has its great moments though, and is very funny. I've heard that its been called the best series ever in japan or whatever, but I wonder if that is just a quote from a poll from just one anime mag in japan? I'm thinking they would say Nadia, or Eva as their favorite.
    pwned by Ivan

3. Guy Daigoji died and the series blew it for me. Why kill off the best character so early? I think i got the next few episodes and just stopped buying them, it wasn't holding my attention anymore.

stormy