Thread: Avatar help

What is the best program for editing avatars? I've got a bunch of cool pictures with text, but after they're resized, the text is unreadable or the lines crappy. Should I just retype the text in myself? How do I keep it smooth?
    Thanks for help.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

2. I used to use Photoshop, but I never moved it to my new computer. It's an old version anyway, so I now mostly use Fireworks. If you don't want to spend money for a program, use IrfanView (simple) or the GIMP (complex). (Look for more freeware of all kinds here.)

You should get your image looking as good as you can before you resize it, then use the best (slowest) resampling you have access to. If you have the option, add text at the end, after the resize.

If you want me to help with your avatar, send me the original files and a description of what you want, or just post it all here.

Thanks for the resources. I'm going to potter around a bit and if I still need help with a picture I'll PM you.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

4. Ulead photoshop/gif animator 8 is good too. Thats what I use.
    http://i43.tinypic.com/2h2hzcx.gif
    Fight Like A Robot!

5. Anyone using Irfanview know how to resize a GIF without losing the animation?

6. To the best of my knowledge, Irfanview won't let you do that. It will play ani-gifs, but it's not meant as an ani-gif editor.
    Never under any circumstance scrutinize the mastication orifice of a gratuitous herbivorous quadruped.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Wolffen
    To the best of my knowledge, Irfanview won't let you do that. It will play ani-gifs, but it's not meant as an ani-gif editor.
    Thanks, I'll have to try my luck with the other freebee.