Thread: random biker in motion...

1. random biker in motion...

Ive stopped and started working on this drawing three different times in the past few weeks for about 15-30 min each time and finally finished it up...now im passing it in as homework tomorrow.

2. The biker and bike aren't bad. It's just that they're a little too geometric. If you're going to use speedlines, I think just do them clean, no coloring between the lines. It's too distracting from the picture.

3. I think the biker and bike lack a dynamic quality. They dont feel real.
    your mom

4. It looks good to me. Maybe a bit too geometric though, but hey, your style man. Good work.

5. Id agree that the biker is a bit generic and geometric, I really didnt intend on finishing this piece for that very reason. But when I had to turn something in for my drawing class that depicted motion I cleaned up the biker a little bit and threw in the speed lines to achieve the motion effect. By the time it was finished I was pleased with the overall pic but by far its not my best work.

finch, I think whats distracting about the speed lines is the fact the graphite isnt a consistent value. If I were to ink this and fill in the lines 100% black would you still fnd it distracting?

thanks andy, WC.

6. Hmm... Yeah, it probably would help it.