Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1525272829

Thread: FF7: Dirge Of Cerberus

1. Quote Originally Posted by StriderKyo
    The universal consensus seems to be pretty cutscenes, junk game.
    Hasn't that been Square's moto for like a decade now?

http://www.fvza.org/index.html

yeah...Got this the other day for like $7 at a pawn shop.

I'm gonna make this easy on myself and start with what is good about this game

1) you get to learn more about Vincent, where he got his limit breaks, hojo, and that girl he both banged. Oh, and you get to see a fourth weapon.

2) you get to build guns.

3) you get to walk around in the train grave yard

OK, what sucks

1) fight system. Every time you EVER see Vincent, he is a bad ass. Except in his own game. He SHOULD be spinning shot guns after shots, or bouncing off walls like a ninja monkey, but no, none of that. He plays like devil may cry but with no swords and no fancy moves.

2) design. This game has a lot of bland design in it. Nothing in it is as nice as DMC. Oh, and their aren't really a lot of bad guys to pick from. Which is sad considering how many were in FF7 to pull from. There are a few nice levels at the end, where you get to snipe people in the head in the slums of midgar, but that is about it.

3) gayness. So much shitty gayness. So much shit out of character. After playing this, and seeing the advent children movie, I hope to god they never remake FF7. They will ruin it. Whomever is working on these projects now, does not understand the original characters OR is unable to communicate how the behave properly. I swear to god, i thought I was watching 70s mecha anime when everyone united to scream "go Vincent!" for the last boss fight.

4) Vincent. They come damn close to ruining him as a character.

Just a very poor game, and does a very bad job of being what it should have been. And it really says something that I feel this way because I've taken the time to beat GunGrave OD on its hardest setting. If you want a game like this, skip over it and go play DMC and find a faq to get the story bits you are missing about vincent.
    Last edited by Fe 26; 23 Dec 2007 at 01:56 AM.