Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Devil May Cry 3: Official Thread

1. So the game has been leaked, I am going to import from Play-Asia which is shipping out on the 15th. The JP version has a option for English text and all voices are in english.

2. DMC3 comes out on march 1st, im so pumped for this one!

3. What the game has already been leaked? Well I'll be seeing about getting it today then.
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

4. What? It was leaked awhile ago, I just beat the JP release.

5. Oh crap wish I would have known this....
    Dont be a robot, be human.
    PSN: Di3heart

6. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar
    What? It was leaked awhile ago, I just beat the JP release.

and? how is it?

7. Quote Originally Posted by Valgar
    What? It was leaked awhile ago, I just beat the JP release.
    Spill the beans! Is it better than DMC 2? That is all I want to know.

8. Quote Originally Posted by animegirl20
    Spill the beans! Is it better than DMC 2? That is all I want to know.

i played the japanese demo, yes it is much better than DMC2.

9. Lolz OK.

Some games you can just describe in one word, like Bangaioh = Explosions. For Devil May Cry 3 the appropriate word would be "BADASS".

Hell, after the intro movie the game says to you "YOU WANNA KNOW? DEVIL MAY CRY!".

All the cut-scenes are just over the top and REALLY well done, and actually two movie producers handled the cut-scenes instead. Dante is back and makes sure to be a complete smartass to every boss or character he encounters. Some of the things you will see are Dante owning up Demons with a Motorcycle, Jamming on an Electric Guitar (which is one of your weapons!), Demons getting their shit ruined, and a whole lot of people getting stabbed. They are fun as hell to watch and I was ready to have my face rocked everytime the "LOADING" screen (which you can shoot by pressing SQUARE) came up.

Just a little background on myself and the DMC series. I beat DMC1 on Dante Must Die mode and the bosses in that game are some of my all time favorite but I havn't played it in several years. I have never touched DMC2, and never plan to. As far as I'm concerned, that game does not exist.

Anyway, you have probably already read about the four (and 2 secret) styles. These are all really balanced and it just comes down to preference in the end. If you love to go around blazing Ebony & Ivory you will be in Gunslinger mode all game. I can say that every single one of them brings a whole new level of kick ass to Dante when they reach Level 3 (the final level). You will only be able to get one of them to Level 3 on your first time through though (About 15 hours). However you can replay any of the 20 mission you have completed, so you could level them up hard or save up Red Orbs for purchasing upgrades if you wanted to. This is one thing that can make the game easier.

Your style ranking is based on your rating while fighting enemies. Initially you will start with "Dope!" and once a bar below this is filled, you move up to the next level as follows:

Crazy!
    Blast!
    Alright!
    Sweet!
    SShowtime!!
    SSStylish!!!

Now you can't just spam the same move over or keep firing your guns and hope your bar fills. Only varying your techniques will keep the bar moving up (the bar is constantly moving back). Even taunting (SELECT, and Dante has a load of phrases) will get your bar up! This may seem like it could be difficult, but not with the newest combat addition.

Other than the styles, the newest and biggest addition to combat is the ability to equip TWO Melee weapons and TWO Guns (out of 5 total for each). At ANY TIME (mid-combo, in the air, wherever) you can switch between these 4 weapons by pressing L2 for Gun switch and R2 for Melee switch. This makes combat very deep and it just looks badass when you have all the upgrades and know what you are doing.

I was only playing with my Grado SR60 headphones but the sound in this game was rocking hard. It supports Pro Logic II and Dolby 5 for cut-scenes.

The graphics are top-notch PS2 quality and the backgrounds are varied and great to look at (reminded me of the first game). They have some very nice architecture going on here.

There is Easy, Normal, Hard, DMD mode, and a new "Heaven or Hell" which is a 1-hit kill mode for both Dante and enemies. I guess the hard part about this is getting a "S" style ranking, otherwise you COULD go around killing everything with Ebony & Ivory 1-hit kill.

edit: The only thing I can say that felt a bit off was one of the menus where you can look at your moves looks a bit crappy. It also loads very slow because they have recorded videos of the combos in action.

Also there is a map you can select but it is useless. Really a game like this doesn't need a map, and you won't ever use it. If you DID want to use it, it wouldn't help you, because it doesn't tell you where to go next. I have to say RE4 had one of the best maps.

If anyone is worried about getting another DMC2, don't be. If you have any questions please ask me.
    Last edited by Ryan; 20 Feb 2005 at 02:01 PM.

10. How are the English voices? BE FUCKING HONEST OR YOU WILL DIE.