Thread: The TNL Jackie Chan thread!

The TNL Jackie Chan thread!

Alright Jackie Chan fans what are your favorite Movies of his?recommend some good ones to other fans, anything relating to Jackie Chan.

I really loved Rumble in The Bronx and Twin Dragons.

Even thought Mr. Nice guy was funny.

I have also been watching some older films of his that never made it to the states.

I love those outakes at the end of his Movies Great stuff!

Share your love for Jackie Chan films.

Korian

2. Well, Jackie made tons of great films in HK, but I cant say the same about his US efforts. Both Rush Hours, were bad(2 better than 1 though), but I liked the Shanghai Noon though.

Jackie greats are Police Story 1-2-3, Project A 1-2, Wheals on Meals, Dragons Forever, Drunken Master 1-2, Armour of God, Crime Story(Really different Chan film), Heart of Dragon(also quite different from the rest), Who Am I, Accidental Spy, Thunderbolt, City Hunter.

Right now he is working on several projects as well:

In US: Tuxedo - Action comedy, pushed to this fall from summer release and Shanghai Knights(Sequel to Shanghai Noon)

In HK - Highbinders - Supernatural action comedy, and Titanium Rain - Big Sci-Fi Action Adventure.

Yeah Crime Story was different I thought it would have crazy stunts and fight scenes. I guess it was based on a true story.

Korian

4. jackie chan is the man! there is no other action hero i have more respect for than this man.

my favorite jackie chan movie is drunken master 2 (called legend of the drunken master over here in the states). that movie's got some of the dopest fight scenes ever! the axe-gang fight was unbelievable, and the last fight... holy crud! i like this movie more than fist of legend, and that's saying a lot. it's really well paced, with the fights even spread out throughout the entire movie, and it's just really fun to watch.

other jackie chan movies i would recommend (although i enjoy every one of his movies), aside from the ones you've mentioned, are...

who am i
    gorgeous
    shanghai noon
    super cop
    operation condor
    first strike

i'm really looking forward to his upcoming movies despair mentioned, tuxedo and highbinders. they're going to be chan-tastic (sorry, couldn't resist).

5. Wait...Wait...There actually making a sequel to Shanghai Noon...? Is Owen Wilson in it... Please (and I mean PLEASE) do not place Lucy Liu in the film...
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

6. Yeah, Owen will be back in Shanghai Knights, they visit London, and deal with storyline that involves Donnie Yen, as a main bad guy

7. ...

Despair covered many of his best. I would have to agree that Chan has went down hill in his U.S. films. (shanghai was good). He is probably my favorite actor, but he seems to be becoming too much of a Hollywood filmmaker now. We'll have to see with his upcoming films whether he returns to the frantic action of his earlier films, though I doubt it's possible to surpass films such as Project A and Police Story.

I would like to add the following films:

Gorgeous--with Tony Leung and Shu Qi. This is a great comedy action film.

Young Master and Dragon Lord-- A young Jackie stretching his directorial arms really for the first time (though Fearless Hyena was really his first directorial film-- you should check this out as well). Awesome action and some glimpses of the talent he would later use in even better films.

As far as Heart of the Dragon-- I have heard that there is a Japanese print of the film that has some of Chan's most amazing fight scenes all done by Sammo Hung. They cut them for the HK release because the film wasn't supposed to be an action film-- though that ending is really amazing. I have never been able to find a copy though.

My Lucky Stars and Twinkle, Twinkle Lucky Stars-- part of the Aces Go Places action/comedy series. There are some really funny scenes as well as some great fights.

He also has two documentaries that are good. One focuses on his life and the other on his stunts.

I would also recommend Jackie Chan's biography he worked on with Jeff Yang who writes books about Asian culture. The book is very well written and Jackie's life is really interesting to read about.
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

8. Well, Gourgess didnt work for me. It was too slow, and comedy was as good as in many other Chan's films. The 2 fights againt Allen(forgot his first name ), were excellent though. Both Jackie and his opponent had some great display of moves, and the small guy really kicked ass. But other than these 2 fights, the movie was worthless to me Sorry Fans

9. Speaking of Rush Hour 2....Rosalyn Sanchez was sooo HOT...
    Still keeping that FUNK alive...^_^
    http://www.dangerz.net/mofo/members/selphiebanner.jpg

Jae's dream date can be found HERE.

10. God, I love that guy... He's probably my favorite actor...

He's just so "cool"...

So when is Shanghai Noone 2 coming out??

My favorite Chan movie is probably First Strike...