Page 1 of 9 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: EB kicks your ass with an awesome trade in deal

1. EB kicks your ass with an awesome trade in deal

Are you all ready on this awesomely mammoth sized deal?

EB is running a promotion where if you trade in 3 games, get an extra 10 bucks, 4 gets you 15, 5 gets you 20.

So far, it seems awfully plain.

But here's the best part: there are NO EXCEPTIONS. So if you've got an old sports game or two sitting around, like I do (NFL 2k4 and NFL Fever 2003) are a game that's generally on the blacklist, EB will take them in as long as it's part of this promotion.

It's for Gamecube, PS2, and Xbox only. Not sure when the deal ends, but take advantage of it while you can. I know I'm personally going to the Gamestop, buying their 2 dollar copies of Madden 2001 and trading them right back in to the EB along with my other games.

It's only 1 copy of a game per customer, so no taking 10 copies of madden 2001 down there. And all games need boxes and manuals.

Shit, you can even get copies of Madden 2003 at EB for 1.83 a piece and just trade them right back in, make about 11 or 12 bucks on every 9 or so you spend.

A mod will probably move this but I know that alot of you probably have old ass sports games or POX titles to trade in, so the deal ends 10/2.
    R.I.P Kao Megura (1979-2004)

2. I traded in ten games that would have got me about 15-17 dollars at gamestop (yes I checked. no really) and I got 84 bucks because of this promotion and EB giving better money on each title anyway.

I <3 EB now.

3. I heard about this deal on the CAG boards a couple of weeks ago, and now that stuff is out that I actually want, I think I'll take advantage of it tomorrow.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

4. Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss
    But here's the best part: there are NO EXCEPTIONS. So if you've got an old sports game or two sitting around, like I do (NFL 2k4 and NFL Fever 2003) are a game that's generally on the blacklist, EB will take them in as long as it's part of this promotion.
    i'm going to assume that i can throw in my Jampacks as well, right? cuz i've got 3 of them lying around and a copy of Madden 2001 i'd love to get rid of.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Victor
    i'm going to assume that i can throw in my Jampacks as well, right? cuz i've got 3 of them lying around and a copy of Madden 2001 i'd love to get rid of.
    You can try but I'm not sure if they'll take demo disks, since they aren't technically full games.

No, we won't take Jampacks. Sorry.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

7. awww, phooey...

as long as i can get rid of Madden and some other shit, i'm still happy.

8. Dreamcast

"Who's in charge here?"

"EB, sir."

"Oh my God...Okay. Let's go...let's go..."

Seriously. Who approved this? They're going to be inundated w/Madden 2001 and NFL2K1 which they can never hope to sell...all while giving away money so they can what? Guarantee they take a loss?

Off to the mall right now to buy some crappy sports titles at GS, use my discount and sell them to EB...
    2009 TNL Fantasy Football Champion

9. Quote Originally Posted by The_Meach
    Seriously. Who approved this?
    Whoever they are I love them.

I can't to get a free Guilty Gear XX #Reload for my 5 shitty sports titles in my collection that i've been waiting to get rid of.

10. Worst. Deal. Ever.

I got a question though, can I trade in dookie in a box for Madden 99'?