Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: EB kicks your ass with an awesome trade in deal

1. Quote Originally Posted by Rumpy
    You can't pre-order?
    Nope... I was gonna do this for San Andreas, but ended up getting a better deal by having them take 3 of my 5 games, and make them worth $10 each. I got GunGrave, and then put the rest towards GTA:SA... I'll be back tomorrow with 5 games and try again. This was not as good as I had originally thought.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

2. Hmm, I was thinking of pre-ordering MGS3, but I guess instead I'll use it to get FFXI-CoP a lil cheaper when it comes out next week.

3. Can't you just trade-in, buy games worth as much as your in-store credit value, do NOT open the games, give them back, and put the rest of the cash towards a pre-order? Just assuming, though.

4. When you go to return stuff, they always check the receipt to see if it's part of a promotion.
    Check out my blog: ExHardcoreGamer.com

5. I'm thinking about abusing this deal tomorrow. Any word if you can buy games in store then sell them back?
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

6. This deal seems to be a lot harder to take advantage of than a lot of people here initially think. The only way I can get any real value out of it is by finding five games worth two dollars or less; and stores here (for whatever reason) do not sell anything under five dollars. I figure Madden 2001 might sell that cheaply but I can not find a copy of it. That and even if I could come out marginally ahead with three dollar games the sales tax (at 8.25%) eats into most of the gains there.

Bleh.

-Dippy

7. I figure even if EB doesn't have any cheapo games, I have a Game Crazy and Gamestop in the same mall I can loot and pillage.
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

8. You don't have to spend all the credit in the store there just needs to be a purchase on the transaction. You can buy a pack of Yu Gi Oh cards or 50 cent jewel case pc game and the bonus credit will still kick in. Just don't do anything that's "blatantly abusing" the promotion (like buying back the games you traded in. They recently gave us permission to refuse the promotion on a case by case basis. By the way I actually had aguy do that, he had a bunch of crappy sports titiles, would trade them in and buy them back and he would still make like $10-$20 and then he would travel around my district and do this to stupid employees like 5 times a day. I told him I wouldn't let him do it after the first time.
    This is MY world, I just let you all live in it.
    http://membres.lycos.fr/stationsig/Segafanclub.gif
    "Although it did not become the fatal wound, it owed the minor burn..."
    "The intellectual pleasant sensation that is adjusted taste freely to detail the operation system which rubs the impression of production and the existing game which adhered, leads synopsis of drama to conclusion with prayer itself inference power and insight"
    I love babelfish.

9. So it's not as simple as trading 5 games in for the bonus and then pre ordereing GTA: SA (for example) with that credit?

10. Quote Originally Posted by lordsnarf
    You don't have to spend all the credit in the store there just needs to be a purchase on the transaction. You can buy a pack of Yu Gi Oh cards or 50 cent jewel case pc game and the bonus credit will still kick in. Just don't do anything that's "blatantly abusing" the promotion (like buying back the games you traded in. They recently gave us permission to refuse the promotion on a case by case basis. By the way I actually had aguy do that, he had a bunch of crappy sports titiles, would trade them in and buy them back and he would still make like $10-$20 and then he would travel around my district and do this to stupid employees like 5 times a day. I told him I wouldn't let him do it after the first time.
    Nope...well not in my case. I put all the money on my edge card and left. Didn't buy a thing. Maybe my clerk goofed up. I dunno. I traded in 8 games, got 60 bucks or so...and left with it on my card. Went to another EB that had Gradius in stock and got it and still have money left for Oct.

ssb
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"